Anyone know this vintage tach???

-

greenhornet

Reaction score
Do any of you ole' school guys/gals have any idea who made this tach and when?? No brand name is on it, the way the RPM is written and it being a 9-Grand tach leads me to think late 60's early 70's.. I've never seen a tach like this one, thanks for any info..

!B5)WeVg!2k~$(KGrHqUOKjUEyK,d1R)YBMu4m!nHbw~~_12.JPG

!B5)WfwwEGk~$(KGrHqMOKnQEy1!dw1q8BMu4mFlKlg~~_12.JPG

!B5)WhI!CWk~$(KGrHqMOKjUEyKdE3iQkBMu4mKjcfg~~_12.JPG

!B5)WiiQB2k~$(KGrHqMOKiEEyVLYHZ)uBMu4mP44fg~~_12.JPG

Stewart Warner used a "green line" so if I had to guess that would be where Id start

Stewart Warner used a "green line" so if I had to guess that would be where Id start

I don't think I've ever seen a steward warner without "SW" somewhere on its face.. I'm no tach expert by any means, but didn't the green line pre-date the blue line?? Could it be a factory tach the way the cup looks pot metal and the mounting bracket looks kinda heavy duty?

This looks EXACTLY Like a no-name tach in my old 1967 Allied Radio catalog, for 29.95. There were several of those "no name" outfits, JC Whitney/ Warshoski, and others sold in the backs of magazines. This is NOT a Sun

This looks EXACTLY Like a no-name tach in my old 1967 Allied Radio catalog, for 29.95. There were several of those "no name" outfits, JC Whitney/ Warshoski, and others sold in the backs of magazines. This is NOT a Sun

Can you post a pic or any info on those tachs?? I'm very interested in finding out what it is and more info on it..

Hope yoy dont mind but heres my vintage collection. Mallory rac in center and stewart warner on the right

Attachments

• Picture 1027 (Large).jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 471
  • Picture 1028 (Large).jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 462
  • Picture 1029 (Large).jpg
    71 KB · Views: 461
  • Picture 1030 (Large).jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 445
Hey!!It looks like the one in my Duster!!lol
Mine is a RAC that I bought at a garage sale,hope this helps.Mine works great.Yours might be a RAC also

Image10182010143709.jpg
downsized_Image10182010143723.jpg

heres some i have

Attachments

• Picture 164.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 464
Mine is a RAC that I bought at a garage sale,hope this helps.Mine works great.Yours might be a RAC

:cheers:And we have a WINNER!!!! Tell him what hes won GreenHornet :cheers:

Mine is a RAC that I bought at a garage sale,hope this helps.Mine works great.Yours might be a RAC.

I think you just solved the mystery... Looks just like it doesn't it??? The RAC logo must have came off the bottom of the chrome face..

:cheers:And we have a WINNER!!!! Tell him what hes won GreenHornet :cheers:

Well 1BadDodge71, you just won a weekend non-expence paid round trip to a sunny mexican boarder resort, just don't drink the water and pack a couple of bullet proof vests..

Hope yoy dont mind but heres my vintage collection. Mallory rac in center and stewart warner on the right

I love vintage tachs, I scored a DIXCO Don garlits stars and stripes tach on ebay one morning on a buy it now for $60.00, already had it sold before I even got it for $275.00... Scored a shelby cobra tach for $110.00 on a buy it now, flipped it for $325.00... I'm poor white trash I have to flip parts to build my cars...

-
Back