Anyone know what this is under the dash?

-

Sixpack_Sid

Reaction score
I have a 75 Duster. I have the dash out. Does anyone know what this piece is in the pic? It’s hinged. I’m trying to figure out my wiring to go in the dash. Is this where the fuse box goes?

IMG_0452.jpeg

Can you tell us if you're talking about the piece just above the blue flasher that has the nut on the back side of it?

The round blue piece is a signal flasher rotate it 90 degrees to seperate from where its held in place. The rusted rectangular bracket is for another flasher type, possibly 4 way flashers. The yellow piece,,, I'm clueless.

In 1975 and 1976 Chrysler changed the fixed bracket to a hinged bracket. A slot in the fuse box slides down through the tab on the bracket. A thumb screw is turned 90 degrees to allow the fuse box to swing down. This made for better access to the fuse box than earlier models. After 50 years the plastic threaded fastener found on the back side of the bracket is often broken, cracked or missing.

Last edited:
Here’s a pic of the piece I’m asking about

View attachment 1716125715
LOL Comparing this pic-N-post the beginning of this thread I should have said, "Looks like a washing machine under your dash".
In response to another comment in this thread, Only 1 screw holds the earlier fuse box in its clip. Then lift the box up 1/2 inch or so , then toward the windshield 1/2 or so then gently down and tilt toward you. Be warned, The female terminals in the earlier fuse boxes were a bit loose on the male tangs. All the wires are captured in a square of plastic that doesn't let the wires move much but it is possible to move the fuse box enough to pull a wire off its connection inside the box. I don't know for sure but I would bet my quarter that the terminal fitment inside the fuse box wasn't improved one bit when they created the hinged box mount.

Last edited:
-
Back