Anyone Know What This Tool Is Used For?

-
How about the tips for it?
I've got that tool, but it's missing one of the tips.
Guess I'll have to fabricate something, if i ever have a need to use that tool again.
But you refreshed my memory, whats it used for.

FYI - Update.
Went into the garage and wanted to figure out what i could use for the missing tip to that tool.
Emptied a box of what i call my scrounge drawer, and rooted around all that junk of mine.
Came across a couple of small diameter, old drill bits.
Then the idea came to me.
I cut off the shank of one of the bits, the length of the existing bit, on the bench grinder, and ground the flat spot needed onto the bit.
Came out nice.
Now the tool is usable again.
A happy camper.

Brake wheel cylinder tool. (Small).jpg

Last edited:
I've got that tool, but it's missing one of the tips.
Guess I'll have to fabricate something, if i ever have a need to use that tool again.
But you refreshed my memory, whats it used for.

FYI - Update.
Went into the garage and wanted to figure out what i could use for the missing tip to that tool.
Emptied a box of what i call my scrounge drawer, and rooted around all that junk of mine.
Came across a couple of small diameter, old drill bits.
Then the idea came to me.
I cut off the shank of one of the bits, the length of the existing bit, on the bench grinder, and ground the flat spot needed onto the bit.
Came out nice.
Now the tool is usable again.
A happy camper.

View attachment 1715849459
Only time I use that thing for now, & rarely at that, is to hold square-cut CV joint retaining rings while I bop 'em off. I hope & pray I never have to use them for wheel cyls. again.

-
Back