anyone own a 07- 09 porsche caymen s or jeep srt8?

-

67cudaResto89

Reaction score
ANyone one here own a Porsche caymen s? I'm getting rid of a few toys and buying a new and improved one. I have fallen into some cash which is awesome and am looking at a new " muscle car" I've been looking into an srt 8 jeep but don't know if i want to pay 65k for it. Although it is worth i. Been seeing used porsches with low miles for like 35 to 45k. Any thoughts or experience as to which of the two you would buy?

Post #48.
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=207353&page=2

"Im in my early 20's and over the past few years ive dug myself into a whole with credit. To be honest i hate having cards i became addicted to the idea of having what i want when i want it. Well after countless cards ive paid about 5 off and have 3 left to a total of about 20k. (8k of that it snap on that nice shiny truck is evil) i had great credit i was up about 800 since then it has dropped to 630. I had to have my fiance cosign a consolidation loan to help save on interest. She took all my cards and ive learned my lesson instead of saving for a house im using every last penny to pay the cards off. Credit cards are evil i say pay it off cut it up and never use it again or like others have said use it once in awhile. But after they get paid off im using cash only. Saving like hell and buying a home. Canceling cards only affects your credit for about 3 months from what a financial advisor told me. As long as u only cancel like 1-2 a year. I have my fiance keep them shes very good with her cards so she will not give them to me at all."

Don't be stupid.

If I had the funds I'd get an older SRT8 Jeep. The newer model has a more powerful engine but it's much heavier and is no faster. Doesn't look as good either. I've seen a few on Ebay for $20K-$30K. Then I'd drop a supercharger on that bad boy!

I agree with the above few posts... but if you are going to, at least get a used viper.

Better yet,how long would a Viper last in a driveway in Philly? Chop shop,here we come.....

The idea of a 425HP motor in a jeep just makes me giggle. Like WTF giggle.....Kinda like an AMG G55, a Euro military utility vehicle with ground effects??? Ha ha!

Yes,they are.GM wouldn't make a Tahoe/ Yukon do ,what it does.

I have driven both and would buy neither. Both are expensive to buy but maintenance is also a big expense. Not many new cars excite me that much. Too much electronics. Good luck with your search for a new toy.

I thought last month you were selling everything..including the barracuda you got from me. Tight times or something else, now your looking for a pourshe? My investment would be a house or at least a down payment. At your age, that would be the best bang for the buck.

Buy shares of RIM (Blackberry) and hold them until Google buys them out, they are pretty cheap now and are going up fast..set a sell goal of 10% and cash in. Real Estate will be soft for the next 2 years when the financial cliff comes and goes, people will start selling properties as the investment income tax rate on those will skyrocket and there will be another glut driving prices down. Of course if I had 68K to play with, I would just pay off my small credit card and buy a rental property in ND..

Take a small amount and buy a decent used reacher. Take the rest and go to school and get an education that will provide for you for a lifetime. Just my .02

Well, let's see. You got yourself into trouble with your cards. Have you rectified that yet? I know it's tempting to burn through the money, but at this point, knowing what I know now, I would get yourself straightened out, put the money to better use such as education for a career, house or something that will have a long term positive effect on your life.

The "muscle car" is only going to scratch an itch, it won't help you in the long run.

-
Back