Anyone remember jumping shoes from the 60's?

-

dibbons

Reaction score
Godparents gave my little brother a pair for a birthday present.

jumping shoes.jpg

Saw them in catalogs, never saw them in real life - did they work??

Well, that could explain a lot of whats wrong with the world today. I bet the first thing any kid did after putting them on, was to jump off something and crash his head into something really hard...... Such a numbskull!

kid down the street had them when I was growing up. yes, the first thing he did was jumped off their shed roof.

needless to say, it really didn't end well.

The thing I remember most about those is when the "bigger" kids got them and they just flattened the springs and didn't bounce.:D
Had a friend when I was a kid make a set of wings out of plywood and jump off a two story building.
THAT didn't end well, and you know how you are not supposed to laugh at someone that got hurt?
Yea.:rofl:

Jump off the roof onto the trampoline while trying to get the lawn dart into the center of the ring......

They were in the first "Back to the Future", when Marty first got to the town square (1954?), there was a kid bouncing along side his dad.

Got a pair for Christmas in the early 70s when I was 5 or 6. They weren't as much fun as they looked. The pogo stick was way more fun. As life grows on us , I now know how my parents felt when they gave us stuff that we hardly played with the 1st few months and then never got them out again.....

Got a pair for Christmas in the early 70s when I was 5 or 6. They weren't as much fun as they looked. The pogo stick was way more fun. As life grows on us , I now know how my parents felt when they gave us stuff that we hardly played with the 1st few months and then never got them out again.....
No kidding
We're moving from one house to another, and I'm throwing stuff out the kids got last Christmas...barely 3 months ago

Nope.

But I remember these:

upload_2017-2-16_10-34-4.jpeg

Good ole moonshoes. You were lucky if you got 2 inches of air with those things.

I now know how my parents felt when they gave us stuff that we hardly played with the 1st few months and then never got them out again.....

Yup, for me, that was this Texaco truck:

I remember taking it out of the box and climbing on top of it and it didn't go anywhere...very disappointing...

I remember them as "moon shoes", supposedly to let you bounce around like the astronauts on the moon were doing. They fell out of favor quicker than moon shots, especially as kids broke their ankles and lawyers circled. The Slinky was much more fun, or at least had a catchier song.

Modern kids would probably be too fat for these things today.
That's why they got led lighting now.

Made the list of 15 most dangerous toys - the calcium carbide ping pong pistol in this looks like fun, too...but how did Jarts/Lawn Darts not make this list???

-
Back