Anyone seen this carb before?

-
Only $1220? That is the most expensive 1bbl I have ever seen. Think it will bolt up in place of my carter bbs?

Buy a $100 used Predator. See if you like it. This looks like a 3rd try at the " big 1bbl with a fuel bar across the top " style carb (Kendig, Predator, SV1)
$(KGrHqZ,!lQE-4DsnlpVBP7250T1Y!~~60_35.JPG

kendig5_detail.jpg

SV1b600.jpg

OK I have heard of the Predator before but I know it's not the best for street use and gets pretty terrible gas mileage. This SV1 seems like it's a little more refined so it works for street use but then again I don't know many people who would use a $1300 carb on the street lol...

The interesting thing is the way it meters fuel on the "back" side of the throttle plate, whereas conventional carbs only have fuel on the front side until the throttle is opened enough to expose the boosters to the vacuum on the back side. I wonder if a 4-bbl. could be modified to provide fuel on the back side at all times...? ProSystems claims conventional carbs produce a "split" fuel-air mixture at part throttle due to this phenomenon (they explain it on their site).

-
Back