Anyone seen this???

-

Treblig

Reaction score
If you watch the whole thing you'll see the '59 steering wheel jump into the driver (at 45/46 seconds in) while the Malibu driver seems to be fine?/ I would have thought that the '59 would have cut right through the Malibu??

It's sad to see a beautiful classic Chebby destroyed just to prove a point. The safety of newer cars is infinitely better than those made in the 50's or 60's. Proving that fact is beyond stupid.
Jerry

Ahh.
They can have that Chevy back together in no time.
Those parts are easy to find. Lol

.........And it gets worse. "When I was a kid" there was a period we owned a 54 Nash ambassador. The closest thing to the driver was the steering column. Not the wheel. The CENTER.

Exactly the same down to color...........

060818-1954-Nash-Ambassador-LeMans-1-630x390.jpg

The fuel filler was under one of the tail light top trim. My Dad always cussed the "continental tire kit" which hinged backwards on a latch, for "trunk access." It was still in the way and you had to lift heavy objects around it.

060818-1954-Nash-Ambassador-LeMans-3-630x390.jpg

The deadly part............. That big seat folded down completely flat into little brackets at the bottom of the front of the rear seat. You could SLEEP in the thing!!! If you can see the flat on the shifter knob, it had "lift to start" printed on. You pulled the shift lever up towards the wheel rim to operate starter.

060818-1954-Nash-Ambassador-LeMans-4-630x390.jpg

Nash.jpg

Crash and crumple zones, air bags, collapsible materials and thousands of hours of safety engineering will have any modern car “win” a collision with a car built before 1970 and probably most in the 1970’s too.

The idea that “mass” is a safety feature compared to a lighter car only makes sense when comparing a 1950’s 3,000lb car to a 1950’s 4,500lb car.

-
Back