Anyone self employed?

-
I have a small business,3 months ago i had to let one of 2 employees go,not enough work.Since then I have only been able to take about 1/4 of my usual wage,1 check/month,just to stay afloat.If my wife didn't work I would be out of business.I'm hoping for a big job that is looming to come in by the end of the year.

Started thinking after I wrote the first paragraph and had to add to it. For those of you who are doing well in your businesses ,that's great and continued success.For those of you who are struggling,like me,try to hang in there,I know it's tuff.For everyone who doesn't have a job I'm sorry,don't know what else to say.

You all know me. I've been a Mac Tool Dealer for 20 years. It is a fun business
(I love cars and people and most of my shops/customers are small business owners also) I can't say I make a ton of money. I'm fortunate that my wife is a hard worker and has a good job. I see the bad economy creeping into the midwest. Car repairs are slow and along with that goes slow sales and collections. Thank God I live in the breadbasket of the Nation and the
Ag dealers are busy getting combines ready to harvest this years crop to feed the world. They are working overtime while the car repair buisness is sucking pond water. My biggest body shop customer is repaint old firetrucks now and not much else. I was a shop foreman at a GM dealer for 13 years B/4 I got into business. In the late 70's/ early 80's the service desk at the dealership was not a fun place to be. The cars were garbage and the service desk was the complaint Dept. of the world. I like where I'm at now and as long as the economy and my health holds out I can retire in 10 years and have some time to play. Thanks for listening. Mike

-
Back