Anyone try speed-tape for front signal reflectors?

-

Corrupt_Reverend

Reaction score
I'm restoring my spare '71 dart grill. Still removing the factory paint with a scotch-brite currently. (Holy crap does that suck, haha)

Anywho, I'm thinking about putting speed-tape (basically aluminum tape with super adhesive) in the turn signal recesses to act as reflectors for the light. I figure it's gotta be a little better than just having silver paint.

Anybody try something like this?

Yea Im in the process of doing my Scamp grill and Im gonna be putting metal tape inside mine as well.

There was a thread on redoing a duster/scamp grill and he did his as well

Yea Im in the process of doing my Scamp grill and Im gonna be putting metal tape inside mine as well.

There was a thread on redoing a duster/scamp grill and he did his as well

Don't suppose you can recall who posted it, or have a link?

I painted mine inside with white paint,work's great,taillight's too.

I did something similar but went to a lot more trouble and expense.
I bought 4 of the aftermarket headlight fixtures and cut to of them up to make reflectors in the park lamps to match the headlights.
Here's before and after shot from back when.

I did something similar but went to a lot more trouble and expense.
I bought 4 of the aftermarket headlight fixtures and cut to of them up to make reflectors in the park lamps to match the headlights.
Here's before and after shot from back when.

That's a good look.

The Eastwood company makes a silver reflective paint for just this purpose and it works great...since your buying spray paint why not buy the correct stuff ? If I bought a car and found tim foil inside the turn signal housing I really would have to question what short cuts were used in the rest of the car.

chrome rustoleum over a prepped sanded primer does a nice job, that tin foil looks like (fill in the blank)

-
Back