Anyone use a carb spacer with a nitrous plate

-

Duster Drag Car

Reaction score
JUST INSTALLED A NITROUS KIT ON MY 440 WITH A VICTOR INTAKE AND A 2INCH CARB SPACER,I INSTALLED THE NITROUS PLATE ON TOP OF THE CARB SPACER RIGHT BELOW THE CARB ,:burnout:THOUGHT ITS BETTER THAN BELOW THE SPACER ANYONE HAVE ANY THOUGHTS ON THIS OR RUN A SIMILAR SET UP.

By putting it on the intake it will also help prevent puddling... You do not want that to happen.. I have never used any off the Intake..

By putting it on the intake it will also help prevent puddling... You do not want that to happen.. I have never used any off the Intake..
this is a open spacer and intake plenium not the one with four holes realy no where to puddle

I have my plate on the intake (open plen) & then the spacer.
I like the bars being close to the intake plenum. I was worried about the puddling effect with it on top.
No problems with it.

When I ran nitrous, I ran mine with the plate on top of the spacer (carb/ N2O plate/ open wood spacer/ manifold)...worked well for the 8 years I ran the bottle every pass down the 1/4 mile from start to finish (spraying 150-180 shot every time). I don't run the bottle anymore, partially due to the cost of refills, but mainly because I got my motor fast enough without. When I ran the bottle all the time, I lived in Colorado (thin air= slow car)...my old 360 combo would run 13.8 @ 101 on the motor and 11.1 @ 121 with a 180 shot. After moving to Indiana and building a stroker, now she runs 10.8's @ 122 on the motor. Sure I could spray it into the 9's, but I would rather have a consistent car that is relativity low cost (runs on pump gas), and low on maintenance (no more bottle refills).....sorry, went off on a tangent there:D

this is a open spacer and intake plenium not the one with four holes realy no where to puddle

When I speak of puddling is when it turns from a gas to a liquid because of heat. When it turns to a liquid in the intake it will want to eject the intake and carb from the block.

Good luck with it..

I always ran mine under the spacer. My thought being the plate was designed without a spacer in mind, and the angle of the holes in the spray bars are critical for proper mixing. I really don't think you can go wrong - it you're at full throttle when it sprays you shouldn't have any wet fuel issues unless you're fuel pressure's way high. Over-rich is as bad or worse than a little lean.

I always ran mine under the spacer. My thought being the plate was designed without a spacer in mind, and the angle of the holes in the spray bars are critical for proper mixing. I really don't think you can go wrong - it you're at full throttle when it sprays you shouldn't have any wet fuel issues unless you're fuel pressure's way high. Over-rich is as bad or worse than a little lean.
after spending many hours reading different posts on the internet i called the nos tech at holley and he said to install the plate on top of the manifold then spacer and carb so thats what i did and asked him about there jetting charts he said they are very conservative and many post say there to rich so i decided to swap the jets i have so my starting point is .061 n20 jet .055 fuel jet and will tune from there after i tune n/a to the limit and then start to compare numbers i used a n20 calculator i found online with 6.5psi fuel pressure and 900psi bottle pressure those jets should give me 168 hp and 142.83 to the rear wheels round it off and call it a 150 shot should be a interesting summer wish ct. had a dragstrip so i could get in more test and tune or track rentals towing the car to new york is a big expensive and a long ride.

One of the top nitrous guys in the biz installs his plates ON TOP of the spacer....its all a matter of how you want to do it, it works both ways

One of the top nitrous guys in the biz installs his plates ON TOP of the spacer....its all a matter of how you want to do it, it works both ways
after installing both ways i decided to leave the plate below the spacer but i agree both ways would work one post were a guy ran it both ways said no difference in power plugs were a little richer when it was on the bottom another guy said with it on top it gives the n20 and fuel more ime to atomize that one realy made me think but i went with the nos techs advice and put it right on top of the intake the victor intake has a lot of rise i dont think puddling will be an issue. i think top or bottom is 6 of one half dozen of the other. time will tell.

the green manalishi with a two pronged crown love that song

LOL YUP! Gotta love it!! (The priest cover version that is!)

I have heard some of the experts say that the plate on top of the spacer will let the nitrous hit harder, but I have never tried yet...When I had my plate bolted on last year I had it above the spacer, but I had it on a rpm air gap dual plane and wanted a little more plenum volume to help mixture (although I never got to spray as I busted the motor before that could happen)

This year with my new victor manifold im still up in the air myself as to where im going to put the plate

here's some food for thought. i made a nos plate with a set of 64 hole spray bars in the middle like a convensional plate but also added a 32 hole set over at the edge on each side. these only sprayed into the middle. the set on the sides made more hp per jet setting then the set inthe middle. what do you think was the reason?

-
Back