Anyone use the aeromotive A-2000 fuel pump ?

-
Well I may not need the a2000 but after finding out the price I can get it at I'm buying it anyway.

Well I may not need the a2000 but after finding out the price I can get it at I'm buying it anyway.
I have had one on My dart for probably 15 years. Great pump. I use the rear return back into the fuel cell, AND an aeromotive regulator in the engine bay with a pressure gauge for fine tune adjustments.

I love the pump, but just note, IF you care, it Is LOUD. And I mean loud as in: the loudest fuel pump I have even owned. With open headers on a 600+ hp smallblock, I can hear it at idle. I will post a video if you would like. Its sounded the same for 15 years.

I have had one on My dart for probably 15 years. Great pump. I use the rear return back into the fuel cell, AND an aeromotive regulator in the engine bay with a pressure gauge for fine tune adjustments.

I love the pump, but just note, IF you care, it Is LOUD. And I mean loud as in: the loudest fuel pump I have even owned. With open headers on a 600+ hp smallblock, I can hear it at idle. I will post a video if you would like. Its sounded the same for 15 years.
Yeah that would be awesome. Please post a video

Yeah, that’s louder than I thought it would be. The strange thing is gph to gph a Holley pump may be louder. Comparing both to their rated output and sound.
it might be. If i was doing EFI in the dart, i'd probably go with an in-cell setup, which might muffle it a little more.
thats what i'm doing on the blue turd next to the Dart in the video. we'll see if it's any quieter. it's a big old holley double pump unit. But ya, that A2000 is far from quiet lol.

I’m still running the old BG400 pumps. My last one was given to me free so I rebuilt it and it’s in my black duster. Then I rebuilt the one that was in it and carry it for a spare.

I’m still running the old BG400 pumps. My last one was given to me free so I rebuilt it and it’s in my black duster. Then I rebuilt the one that was in it and carry it for a spare.
I bet that's a quality pump

Had a 650 horse 9 sec motor in a pretty heavy car.
Used a Holley black.
Peer pressure finally took its toll and I upgraded the fuel system a bunch.
Saw zero, zip, nothing on my time slips.
Too much fuel pump is the biggest overspend in performance cars, IMO.
Tried one of Holley's "gerotor" billet black pumps......started giving me issues after a year......switched to a Weldon and zero problems since....Holley can kiss my *** as far as their pumps go.

I bet that's a quality pump

A lot of guys hated them but I’ve been running them for probably 20 plus years.
A1E85C4A-6E56-43FC-8858-D66DD916A5FC.jpeg
7B855939-C5A4-45CF-B598-8EAC6B815305.jpeg
0191A4E9-D7B3-42FD-9260-17EECE8FF37D.jpeg
090B6C5B-D225-4B31-8FAB-6E4567A8909D.jpeg
0B03D5A8-D8B3-4CF8-935A-76E9E942C043.jpeg
93FBB814-4465-4813-8D9B-E36D86794141.jpeg

-
Back