Anyone using an electric pump with the factory pickup?

-

LXguy

Reaction score
Hey All:

Trying to troubleshoot an issue here.

Is anyone running an electric pump just mounted in the rear of the car (in front of the tank) with the inlet line from the factory pickup to the pump?

How 'bout the rest of the story?

Do you suspect the screen is old/ clogged?

How large a pump? Run a regulator? Bypass?

How much HP you runnin?

People ran electric pumps with stock pickups for YEARS on some fairly fast cars, down into the high 11's anyhow.

I did this before and never had a problem. make sure you are running the outlet on the tank to the inlet on the pump.

Thanks guys.

It's the carb. The filters aren't fine enough and some rust was getting into it.

Happy to hear that works well for lots of people though. It's the way I'll do mine.

Steve

Steve,

If you are getting rust, pull the tank. Rust has a crazy way of sneaking past filters no matter what micron level. f you have a canister type, maybe out a magnet in the bottom.

I've never had an issue doing your set up provide I was pulling on same size pickup to feed same size line up front.

X2 what crackedback said. You can get an oil filter magnet and put it on the side of a canister fuel filter and it works great. We did it on my old grudge Duster when we had the stock gas tank in it.

Hey:

Thanks guys. This isn't my car I'm talking about.

My heap has a mechanical fuel pump and a year old new tank and lines from front to back. No issues. I'd go electric if I decided to do nitrous or something, but otherwise the mechanical is doing just fine for me.

tiny bits of metal go through filters like tiny razor blades. Nearly 100% of fuel injectors returned to field failure analisis have a tiny piece of metal hung in them. We create these little swords when the pump nozzle enters the filler tube.

-
Back