Anyone using BRODIX B1 BA HEADS

-

Outlaw49801

Reaction score
if so how much new ootb are they what do they flow and will they work in an early A body using the TTI early A body step header w/o any modification

I've been using the BA heads for over 10 years now in my 65. They work very well but do need work to flow. Currently my heads are being worked on...I will know the ### before long, but I can tell you they went into the "shop" flowing over 300 cfm. Now to the headers, a friend of mine, very good fab guy, and my self came up w/the idea to make adapter plates to get away from the poor bolt spacing on the exhaust flange. So I made plates to adapt to the Chevy "BowTie" header bolt configuration. This worked out "sick" My headers are steped from 1 7/8 - 2 -2 1/8" into a merge collector. It only takes me 15 to 20 minutes to take off the entire set...both sides! can't load the pix which may show what you need to see. pm me with your personal e mail and I'll sent the pix that way.

those heads are standard chrysler bolt patterns. he changed his on his engine on the exhaust side for wider header bolt spacing.

When I called up Brodix, they told me there a 3,000 - 7,000 head ready to tun OOTB with a good amount of lift available to the head. AKA good springs and flow from the valves and ports as cast.

I didn't get them on account of the performance level I was seeking at the time. NOT in that RPM band. LOL. They can be prted out very well.

clearance will be an lssue @ #3 & # 5 with T T I 1.5 to 1.750 steps I run a b1ba 355 cup motor x block in a 69 dart.Easy fix was a extra .375 flange from T T I.They will tell you they DO NOT make a header for this head.Problem solved temporarily.This is a painful lesson my friend but to properly fix my 750 dollar therm barriar cerm coated header I will probubly end up cutting them.You do have to clearance them at the flanges for plug clearance hope this helped

-
Back