Anyone watch Car Czar on Nat Geo?

-

BrianT

Here we go again...
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
There is a new show on the National Geographic channel called Car Czar. It's another reality show based on a body/restoration shop in Philadelphia. I watched the first episode where they restored a 60's custom and it wasn't a bad show at all. Other than the mandatory ridiculous dead line that has to be met, it doesn't seem to have all the drama most other shows of this nature have. There was no swearing/beeping, no HUGE egos, no one stormed out during the build. They actually did a good job fabricating the pieces needed to restore a 40 year old custom vehicle!! Even won a Barris award at the Chicago WOW show.

Nat Geo link

4269-car-czar-custom-hot-rod-07_05320299.JPG

Here is what they started with.

4269-car-czar-custom-hot-rod-01_04700300.JPG

Yeah, the deadlines are ridiculous......drive me buggy.

BUT, that car is outrageous......didn't see the show, but I'll be watchin' for it.

Yeah seen it, they first showed that episode in Feb or march last year. I really like that 60s custom. I also watched the one were he bought a 69 z28 camaro for $18000 and it was a rusted out **** box. He had over $105000 in it and sold it for $65000. One thing I did notice was that he paid a good chuck of money for that DZ 302 block and heads. That kinds of reminds me of the 340 and how your going to pay a good chuck of money to get your hands on one.

Yeah seen it, they first showed that episode in Feb or march last year. I really like that 60s custom. I also watched the one were he bought a 69 z28 camaro for $18000 and it was a rusted out **** box. He had over $105000 in it and sold it for $65000. One thing I did notice was that he paid a good chuck of money for that DZ 302 block and heads. That kinds of reminds me of the 340 and how your going to pay a good chuck of money to get your hands on one.

I watched the Olds episode. It wasn't too bad. They re-ran the Camaro episode at 11:00 cst last night. I started to watch it but finally went to bed. Isn't it the one where they all slapped each other on the back at the end when the Z/28 ran 16's or so in the quarter? :cwm10:

I watched a little of the camaro episode but frankly I am tired of camaros. The show thats better is Ultimate Factories, the just had the Challenger and Viper factories on as well a Bugatti.

saw the camaro and that custom episode last night.. freaking 100k into a 16 second camaro and they were happy it ran 16 seconds in the quarter. then sell it for 65k. what a joke. the custom was kinda cool. nice that they brought it back to what it was in the 60's. i recognized a few places int he show. the engine shop a buddy takes his crap to, dgm is a coating shop i had headers done years ago at and the junk yard is pretty close to me. been in there a bunch of times. i have pics from that place on my site.. http://www.abodyjoe.com/rotters/friendship/friendship.htm

Isn't it the one where they all slapped each other on the back at the end when the Z/28 ran 16's or so in the quarter?

that was it. they were all happy it made 400hp on the dyno. then they were saying how peppy a 16 second ride is..lmao..

I watched both shows. I like the work that they do to the cars. Very meticulous research and attention to detail during the restoration. Alan(?) is about preserving the history of these cars, not necessarily making them the fastest on the street. Did anyone notice the 64 Valiant in the background during the Olds resto?

I just watched the Camaro show. I'll retract some of what I said earlier. Still a good build show, but I didn't know he was doing them to flip. The first show made it look like they were building them for the love of the car and to try and make a name for their business. Sounds like he lost his *** on the Camaro, on the track and at the auction!!!

i thought it was alot better thrn that desert auto crap that was a neat resto on the olds showed alot of how it was done

Exactly. That Desert Auto show takes a junk yard motor slaps a rattle can rebuild on it, then runs it through their own auction with about 50 people standing around. But they always seem to have internet bidders...

if you watched both episodes i think you saw the whole series. thats where it stopped in 2010 the other new series is car warriers. unknown builders against well known builders. first episode, top builders lost to the ametuers

-
Back