Anyone watching the blood moon eclipse? Live feed

-
Yep.

1-20-2019 eclipse 1.JPG

1-20-2019 eclipse 2.JPG

Cold watching here, but coming in to warm up every so often.

eclipse weather.JPG

The darker it gets, the harder it is for a digital camera to focus & capture the available light.

1-20-2019 eclipse 4.JPG

Beautiful night sky here, very cold. My wife and I stepped out a few times to see it change.

i saw most of it
but since it was 3 degrees Fahrenheit outside, i decided to watch from inside

Fumbled with my phone and a spotting scope for a while, just couldn't get it to stay in view, maybe the cold was making me shake too much so I brought out my Canon and a remote control. Just missed the full eclipse but got this shot:
superwolfblood (2).jpg

Fumbled with my phone and a spotting scope for a while, just couldn't get it to stay in view, maybe the cold was making me shake too much so I brought out my Canon and a remote control. Just missed the full eclipse but got this shot:
View attachment 1715278779
Nicely done! What lens and settings?

Thanks, I think I'm still trying to get warm... The lens is a Canon 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L first version, 0.4 sec at f/5.6, 400mm and ISO 800. I did the initial set up in auto and then switched to manual to use the remote.

Too cloudy in my part of SoCal during the eclipse last night. Partly cloudy both before and after.

Thanks, I think I'm still trying to get warm... The lens is a Canon 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L first version, 0.4 sec at f/5.6, 400mm and ISO 800. I did the initial set up in auto and then switched to manual to use the remote.
Thanks, i didn't get much slower than 125th. I needed a tripod.

Tripod for sure, I used to be able to hand hold some pretty slow speeds but that was a lot of years ago! I had to find the manual and learn how to use the remote all over again but I guess just the timer by itself would work too. Maybe I'll be more prepared for the next "event"...!

Tripod for sure, I used to be able to hand hold some pretty slow speeds but that was a lot of years ago! I had to find the manual and learn how to use the remote all over again but I guess just the timer by itself would work too. Maybe I'll be more prepared for the next "event"...!

I went out and checked it about 6-7 times, (COLDER THAN A -----) , just because it`s something we don`t see every day.
I did think the full solar eclipse was way more spectacular .

-
Back