Apologies in advance from a Newbie!

-

Den's Dart

Reaction score
Hey guys, first of all I have been doing a lot of reading on this site and so far I am VERY impressed with the level of knowledge on here to say the least.

I am hopefully going to be the owner of a 70 Dart Swinger 340 pretty soon.

What I am wondering about is if there is sort of a compilation on the site by vehicle type of FAQ's or tips and tricks. If this info is available I apologize for not finding it on my own but I couldn't find anything like it via the search feature.

I am walking into this car totally blind and given the age I can't just walk into my local Canadian Tire wondering about parts numbers as they won't have anything on file.

I know a few of the bike forums I belong to have links to online manuals and parts fiches so not sure if that kind of info is available here....I hope there is because it would save me asking a bunch of questions that have already been posted.

Thanks in advance,
Dennis

welcome to FABO! Good luck on the Dart, sounds great .Just one thing you gotta post pics when you get it !

Theres no FAQ on anything. Just ask. Often, questions are repeaters. It's not a big deal. I like helping out and repeating a previously asked question is park of the game. No worries.

If you need anything for the 1970 Dart Swinger 340, please contact me. I either have the parts or can point you in the right direction! I can provide you part numbers and you can search out the part yourself if that is what you want.

When you get the Dash VIN, let me know and maybe the car is on my Registry and I can tell you some info on it.

Welcome to the best site for A - Bodies!!

Welcome to FABO!Do you live in Canada?Where are you located?I walked into CarQuest and Napa for parts for my cars.If they don,t have them there,they,ll find them for you.Good Luck!

Thanks guys! So far the forum has been very welcoming but I just didn't want to seem lazy or whatever for asking questions when the answers may be somewhat readily available. I do promise to search first to hopefully minimize my apparent ignorance. Never done much in the way of car resto's or projects. Mainly playing with 2 wheeled projects but if I can close the deal with my Brother for his Dart then I will definitely be around here quite a bit!

I think I will be getting a pretty good deal and will share more if and when I get it home. Hard to do much right now as part of the deal is my 98 CBR and riding in Ontario in winter isn't the best of ideas!! Even if I did get it there it would mean driving it home with bald tires in less than perfect conditions....hmmmm may be a good time to use that CAA membership I have been paying into for 3 years and never used!

So far I know for sure it will need: Battery, Headliner, Tires, LOTS of elbow grease and polish and the usual fluid changes etc etc. The pic below is a few years old and unfortunately the condition has deteriorated a bit....my bro's house is the place where good cars go to die!!

Dennis

Den's Dart.JPG

Wondering about or looking for a answer that is basicly not so easy to find is one thing, but other questions I do get annnnouyed at.

Simple homework and a book go far, the net is endless. And so can be the search for something. Don't get crazy looking for an answer now.

Good book? Any recommendations? I usually get a Clymer or Haynes manual for all of my daily vehicles but I find they are less than stellar but do come in handy. I have been hunting for an online shop manual or similar but so far no luck.

Dennis

You can get those books for our old cars on CD now.

How to rebnuild and how to hot rod your S/B MOpar are good along with the factory books on performance.

not 100% sure yet. I do know it has no battery but did run this summer. He has had it a couple of years and last time I was in it or actually heard it run was the weekend he got it. Love at first sight for me. I know he has beaten on it a bit and he has no mercy for cars at all...currently sitting out in the snow since his Vette is taking up the parking spot in the garage!! Other than that as stated above definitely new headliner, tires buff and polish like crazy, new fluids all around since I doubt they were changed in the last 2 years. Probably a carb cleaning etc. Won't know officially until if and when I get it home...

Hey welcome to FABO den, Im "just around the corner" from you. Im up in Lakefield. Great group of guys, gals and info here. Like a post above said your best bet for a service manual would be to get one on cd. I got mine from ebag. You can flip thru it and print off what you need. Or just ask here. Nice lookin swinger!!

I found this site tooling around www.moparts.com
There are some very good tech archives over there. No pun intended FABO!!
Again, that is where i found this great site!!

All a-bodies…. Dart, Duster, Valiant, Barracuda and so on are basically the same car with different skin.

So everything here is one big FAQ for your car.

-
Back