Apology to BJR RACING

-

demon_408

Reaction score
As a lot of you know, I had my Eddie heads done by BJR & all hell broke loose when a buddy of mine said the heads were screwed up. I said a lot of ignorant things on this site about BJR's work which should not have been. I recently found out from Gall Racing Engines that the way BJR had the heads set up is the way the heads should have stayed but I didn't know any better & let the other guy change springs & all kinds of other stuff & then when I got the engine back I had nothing but trouble from that... So what I am really trying to say is, i'm truly sorry for every mean & nasty thing I said about BJR & his work. When I am wrong, i'll say I was wrong & boy was I wrong.

BJR, I hope you accept my apology.

Sincerely,

Brian

I missed the thread, but I am glad to see you have made it right to BJR.
Glad to see you are a stand up man and did what needed to be said.
Proud to have you here at this great site.

i too missed the thread, but good on you to come forwards and man up and give a true apology.
its nice to see there are still people like you out there

As a lot of you know, I had my Eddie heads done by BJR & all hell broke loose when a buddy of mine said the heads were screwed up. I said a lot of ignorant things on this site about BJR's work which should not have been. I recently found out from Gall Racing Engines that the way BJR had the heads set up is the way the heads should have stayed but I didn't know any better & let the other guy change springs & all kinds of other stuff & then when I got the engine back I had nothing but trouble from that... So what I am really trying to say is, i'm truly sorry for every mean & nasty thing I said about BJR & his work. When I am wrong, i'll say I was wrong & boy was I wrong.

BJR, I hope you accept my apology.

Sincerely,

Brian

Apology Accepted.

Sometimes people jump to conclusions before the real facts of the matter are looked at. The first thing that most people do is blame someone else and in many cases the heads when there engine doesn't run or perform. Instead of finding the real problem or problems. And in this case it was the cam that was too far advanced and had nothing to do with the heads. And yes your a upstanding guy for comming back and being honest about what happened. And for this I thank you.

Bobby

Take a real man to come back and admit they were wrong. Glad to hear everything got worked out.

I remember that thread...both of them. My hat's off to you for manning up to a public apology.

Yep, I remember them too. I never commented on any of them as I wanted to wait and see what the real story was.

Strokin_408, you did the right thing by making a public apology like Thrash said. Sorry for BJR for having to endure the criticism and possible lost business.

I know both of yawl feel much better now. I like to believe we,re all family here. We,re the Hatfields and those bow tie boys are the McCoys. lol

Take a real man to come back and admit they were wrong. Glad to hear everything got worked out.
My hat's off to you for manning up to a public apology.

Well said gents, I agree. Good move to do such a thing. A embarrasing (sp) and humble words said.

It takes a real man to stay up and say "I was wrong" in public.

Glad to see you're one of them.

I am so glad to see this post. I followed the original post and it left me with the feeling that if it happened to Strokin then it coould happen to someone else. I have talked to BJR on the phone and he is definately way over my head when it comes to head technology. Hell, I think most on here are:) Strokin thanks for taking the time to set things right. It says alot about your character:thumrigh::thumrigh::thumrigh: BJR, sorry I doubted your skills and knowledge.

I remember the thread. Bobby knows his stuff so that's why I listen. If had the right amount of money I would have let Bobby build me a nice 360 or stoker. Not just heads ... a whole motor. Maybe one day I'll get that stroker built! LOL!

Good on you for the apology Brian. I followed that topic pretty closely, and things did get a little...heated. :) But, with guys like you that have the balls to stand up and apologize, it's one of the reasons FABO is such a great site. Congrats.

No problem, and I'll leave it at this. Now lets go on.

I know that nobody really knows who we are when we talk on the internet, and anyone can be anybody. I know a few of you have met me and a few more of us have talked on the phone. I know from the people that I've met and the ones that I've talked to on the phone that when they leave or hang up they all have a different opinion of me. But I'm here to help whoever needs it or wants it. I try to correct a situation before it gets out of hand. I also know that not everthing is going to go perfect, as we all make mistakes. Sometimes it's better to sit back and take a different look at a problem, or wait till were not frustrated, and things usually go easier and smoother.

For myself it's no difference than what I'm doing for Mikel, he has a problem and we'll get it fixed. This makes more friends than enemies and will get more done sooner and quicker. And then everyone is happy in the end.

I know bobby and his work,and its a top notch job every time.I give you the thumbs up for publiclly saying you where wrong,and a pat on the back as well.You need to go to your guy and say to him how wrong he was and that you will never deal with him for the trouble road he lead you down with out knowing all the facts.TWO faults.You need to do what ever you can to undo the damage you caused,as a person can loose buissness over some thing like this and alot.A topic on the forum is a good start,a phone call is better,and walking up to the man is better and saying your peace is best,if it can be done.If there was a man to stand behind you and help a person weather starting racer or pro racer,bobby is the man.How many of the head/engine builders talk to you on the phone for hours and help you with your problem?Try and count them,how many go to the track to help,and on there dime,count them.Well bobby is that man,24/7,and will be that man in the future as well.The biggest thing to come out of this is this.Before you shot of your mouth on any topic,cars,family,health,work,make 110% sure you know all the facts,and know them from back to front before you say some thing,as alot of people are not as forgiving as bobby,and can act in alot different manner,think about it,mrmopartech

Good for you Brian, you know I followed that original thread and remember thinking that no good is going to come from this, however you're stepping back is just the ticket.

Terry

Glad to see a good ending to what was previously a negative issue. Good job to both of you.

I sure am glad to see that this situation got straightened out. Way to man up Brian.
I just wish it hadn't gone the route it went. A good rep is a hard thing to get and can be destroyed very easily.
I know who will be building my engine if and when I ever get around to building another Demon/Dart. I have talked to Bobby a couple of times on the phone. Very informative conversations. Bobby likes to talk, (I've been accused of that to, LOL), but I have a word of advice for everyone, you should listen to what he has to say, He knows his stuff!!!

Jack

Thanks Jack,
It is hard to have a good reputation, but it's even harder trying to keep it.

Good Job on the appology, I was watchin that thread for a minute and thought what a mess! I have written Bobby on here and he seems to know his stuff! Now that I know he likes to talk maybe I will call and pick his brain a little. (Didn't call because I was afraid of imposing).

-
Back