Apology to young guns

-

Oldschoolcuda

Early-A Body Nerd
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Made a comment on a post generalizing one age group negatively and should have known better. All age groups have pros/cons. Was not my intent to single out young guns but thats how it came across. Should have thought before posting and my sincere apologies to all the young guns out there. You guys & gals are an asset to the hobby and keep up the good work.

Oldschoolcuda

Made a comment on a post generalizing one age group negatively and should have known better. All age groups have pros/cons. Was not my intent to single out young guns but thats how it came across. Should have thought before posting and my sincere apologies to all the young guns out there. You guys & gals are an asset to the hobby and keep up the good work.

Oldschoolcuda

It's the young guns that will carry our hobby into the future. I would be
very sad if it just came to an end.

Thanks for posting Oldschool.....I'm 63 but I like to think I'm still young
when it comes to our Mopar addiction....as you may very well know, there
is no known cure......thank goodness

I'm 21, and have owned my Scamp since 15. What I've noticed? Nettiquette seems to be based on how many years you've been using forums, not so much your age. It's often hard to tell the difference between a 14 and a 40 year old online if they haven't had time to get used to how to word things and get the actual meaning across, how to avoid flamewars, how to use the proper number of exclamation points and the importance of using proper grammar, etc.

Honestly, it's so easy to get into a sticky situation online, but you'll notice that in person the vast majority of people are nice, despite what they may/may not say on the internet.

I'm 21, and have owned my Scamp since 15. What I've noticed? Nettiquette seems to be based on how many years you've been using forums, not so much your age. It's often hard to tell the difference between a 14 and a 40 year old online if they haven't had time to get used to how to word things and get the actual meaning across, how to avoid flamewars, how to use the proper number of exclamation points and the importance of using proper grammar, etc.

Honestly, it's so easy to get into a sticky situation online, but you'll notice that in person the vast majority of people are nice, despite what they may/may not say on the internet.

You are wise beyond your years.

Scamperly's got it up on all us old timers. Not only can he probably text message with lightning speed, but he is also able to use proper grammar, articulation and clarity to make his point. Another great Young Gun to pass the torch onto, when we get TOO old that is!!!LOL!!! Enjoy that Scamp there Scamperly!!! Geof

It's nice to see younger people interested in old iron. Most young'uns seem to prefer small japanese cars to modify. I personally like to see people that would be our kids taking an interest in these cars.
And yes just because they are young doesn't necessarily mean that they are sneaky or underhanded. The few that are this way had to learn these behaviours somewhere-Probably from their parents-US!
And yes Oldschoolcuda, way to man up. Cheers!

Enjoy that Scamp there Scamperly!!! Geof

I now have to decide if it's worth it though. My Scamp is in desperate need of 1/4 panels, soon to need rocker panels, a little bit of work at the bottom of a door, front fenders need some patching, and underneath the vinyl roof there's probably a nightmare.

I love the car, but I'm feeling like it's not worth it at this point for a slant 6 car. For the amount of money I may be about to put into it I could probably get a duster/dart with a v8 in better shape. Or, heaven forbid, I save up for a '70 Super bee (my absolute favourite muscle car believe it or not).

Your thoughts?

oh, heck yes!!!!!
X3, Fav car of all time..

Apology accepted I guess. I wasn't really that offended by it, Im 19 and I realize a good chunk of the youth my age are upto something no good. But my heads always buried in thinking about mopars and stuff of the sort if its not busy reading a book or trying to learn more on my own. :read2:

My problem is the Scamp was my first car. I've owned 12 cars now so the fact that I have it really shows that it's meant something to me. I'm just at the point where I have to make the decision to either restore it, or let it continue to rust. Either way I'm choosing the fate of the car.

I'm 35 so in the middle of the "old timer" and "young gun" category. What I have found though, is that there are plenty of 18yr olds that know twice as much about fixing cars as I do. And there are plenty of 60+yr olds that just got into their first classic car now that their kids are out of college and they always wanted that car when they were younger but drove a Camry most of their adult life.

Like I told you before buddy....no offense taken, I knew you were not bashing us.

I'm 23 and I am building my duster and I choose to do so on my own because I like doing things my self and knowing what has been done and I guess if it breaks I only have my self to blame LOL..... not to mention I don't have the cash to pay someone to do the work for me even if I wanted lol.

My little one has helped out on the duster and he will grow to know the value of doing things your self and the sense of accomplishment gained from doing so.

Young guns and old timers alike....we are all here at FABO for the same reason and that's what matters.

Oldschoolcuda

Nice thread Oldschoolcuda, it is really refreshing to see some of the young guys love this hobby, and embrace it.

It makes me really appreciate them, that they aren't out hanging tri-wing bling on a Civic.

To think this thread started because of a post oldschoolcuda made on a thread I started. I felt it was clear on my thread that he meant no disrespect for and of the young guns. Kudos to him for going even further and making sure in his own thread that all understood he didn't mean to single anyone age group out.
I feel a group hug coming. LOL!!!
What a great group of people we have here on FABO. I'm proud to be a member of FABO.

I just came back from weeks of being away, but I will accept your apology. I don't know what you're apologizing for specifically, but it's awfully nice of you!

To think this thread started because of a post oldschoolcuda made on a thread I started. I felt it was clear on my thread that he meant no disrespect for and of the young guns. Kudos to him for going even further and making sure in his own thread that all understood he didn't mean to single anyone age group out.
I feel a group hug coming. LOL!!!
What a great group of people we have here on FABO. I'm proud to be a member of FABO.

OH! I love hugs!!! :cheers: hahahaha

-
Back