Appraised at $21,000. Must be the stripe.

-

70DartMike

Too many projects
Reaction score
Areeeee ya sure? That custom grille and backwards stripe must be why it's worth so much.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/3976021332.html

"Selling 1972 dodge dart rare factory air, custom paint, 80% complete in restoration this car is rare never been in an accident body straight and original. Arizona car no rust. runs and drives. car was appraised at $21,000 by American auto appraisers. no longer have the funds to complete. I want this car to go to a good home will consider any fair offer I have $5,500 in the paint job alone many new parts too numerous to mention"

00o0o_UchNkaeZbq_600x450.jpg

00202_aAyFdkbruFk_600x450.jpg

00t0t_HPIOG1wl6l_600x450.jpg

00Q0Q_c9Ie7JiKhtX_600x450.jpg

00Q0Q_bSpLVJjfeHb_600x450.jpg

21,000 Hong Kong dollars maybe? And just who did the appraising? Nice start there and I would have a hard time coughing up $21k for what we see.

Glenn

Appraisals are damn near worthless. Few of them are honest evaluations of what the car will bring at market.

Most of these guys will say whatever the owner wants them to say.

That stripe is classic, wonder if he put it on or the bodyshop? :sign3:

:tard: let me get that stripe for you I know all about mopars!!

The grill looks like aluminum soffit vents from Home Depot. That makes it a "custom" job.

Just thinking at out auction it does about 7500 if it runs better than it looks.

i called him when he posted this about 3 months ago... he wanted it ti be different so he put the stripe like that. i asked if it had all original sheetmetal, he said yes. i told him that is not the right front end for that car and hung up on him.

think it was a slant or 318, forgot already

I wouldn't personally pay 5500 for that pile, unless there was 5000 laying on the front seat

Take most appraisals and multiply by 40%. That is the true appraised value. Though this one still falls short of that number.

-
Back