April 1st Pranks

-

Twistex

Reaction score
Got this in my mail today, thought it might help those of us who haven't done any good pranks yet.

----------------------------------------

It's April 1st, so anyone who hasn't pulled a prank or two.. Here's a few ideas!

At home -

#1: Remove the batteries from all the remotes. Hide them strategically through the house.

#2: Unscrew the lightbulbs just enough so that they're in the socket, but not lighting. This works especially well if you tape over the light switch, too.

#3: Spouse out running errands? Place some underwear in the freezer. Or their pillow.

#4: Get a helium filled balloon, place it in the toilet, close the lid.

#5: Place clear tape over the lock keyslot.

In the office -

#1: Cubicle walls can be dissasembled with a screwdriver. Completely enclosing a cube-mates office is easy!

#2: Pneumatic chair levers can be taped in the "Up" position, or held there with some dental floss.

#3: The office printer should have a healthy ream of paper. Slip a few errant sheets with the words "April fools" written on them into the stack. On the front if you're feeling mean, on the back if you're feeling nice.

#4: Place tape over the optical sensor or ball rollers on mice, or set their keyboard to german.

#5: Change the Windows error sound to Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up" (needs to be a .wav file, and can be changed in control panel, sounds and audio devices, on the "sounds" tab) (Also works at home!)

The Car -

#1: Change the CD in the stereo. Pick something they despise. Or, alternately, set it to AM Gospel Radio, and crank the volume.

#2: Tape a whistle under the body. (Ensure that the blower is facing the right direction!)

#3: Print out a "Just married!" sign, and place this on their car, along with tin cans/soda cans tied to the back bumper. Works especially well if they parked nose-out!

#4: Open the trunk, and very lightly tape it almost closed, but not latched. If you tape it lightly enough, the trunk should open when they hit a bump.

#5: This one requires a bit of setup. First, you need a 3 foot bag of packing peanuts. Second, ensure that your victims window is rolled down about 2 inches. Then, proceed with emptying the bag in the window!

--------------------

I like #2 in the car pranks, myself.

Did #3 in the car pranks to an unmarried co-worker years ago. Yeah, she was parked nose-out.
She was really burning up the next day when she came in and told us how she couldn't figure out why so many people were honking, smiling, and waving at her during her drive home. Then she got home and found out.
Made it even more satisfying a couple of weeks later when she drove home again only this time with a sign on the back of her car saying "IT'S A BOY!!!"

I put a CD in my wife's car so that it was playing Devo's "Jocko Homo" when she went to leave for work. I don't think she's a big fan.

I think it was last year that I woke up all 4 of my kids at 7 (the usual time) yelling that we'd overslept & they needed to get dressed & out to the car now or they'd be late for school. Kept yelling at them to hurry. They weren't overly amused.

So, I'm guessin' you've got quite a bit of time on your hands, eh? :-k :toothy10:

Not this year, sadly.

A couple of years back, working at IBM on night shift, I pranked my team pretty well.

The desks in our office all had locks, but due to my misspent youth, they really weren't hard for me to get around. So, I moved everyones desks one cubicle over. All their personal effects and decorations were placed in exactly the same positions one desk to the right. The contents of their drawers, their overhead cabinets, mouse pads, pictures, awards, filing cabinets, the whole lot. But, I left their computers alone.

To make it worse, I dismantled some cubicle walls from the other side of the room, and made a little maze leading to their desks.

Most of my crew came in at the same time, so it worked beautifully. They found their way through the maze to their normal desks (One guy resorted to climbing over the walls), went to sit down.. and just stopped. A few of them literally were scratching their heads. Then, when they all sat down one cube over, booted up the machines, and tried to login.. it got funnier, since no one could login.

They had to wait til' the whole team was in the office, so they could all unlock their desks so everyone could get their stuff back. :)

We would also get kinda bored during our quiet hours (Usually around 3am) so, we'd wait until some one went out on a smoke break, then build huge towers out of their office supplies on their desk. Put their filing cabinet on the desk, then put the chair up on that, then the trashcan on top of the seat, then their binders on that, then papers, and top it off with their stapler.

We once filled my managers office with every trash bin from around the room. The bins were small, but there were over 60 cubes in our area, and each one had a bin. Several stacks of bins were about 6 feet high.

Put seran wrap over the toilet and close the lid.

Put rubber bands around the pull out "rinse hose" at the kitchen sink.

Submerge a two inch or so PVC ball valve in water and allow the ball to fill.

Close the valve while still submerged, then pull it out and dry it off.

Place it somewhere strategic, a place it doesn't belong. When somebody asks why it's there, say, "I can't get it open."

The water almost always ends up on their pants in a strategic location. For some reason, everybody has to try to open it. Once. :D

CJ

Take off of the tables out of the lunch room and create a giant maze blocking the hallway so people have to go through it to get into the cafeteria....

You guys think I'm kidding don't ya? I have video proof to show you soon :p

Also hid my cell phone in class before the teacher got in and had someone call it untill she found it.... thats was fun... (but it was an easygoing teacher too).

Ah.. and last one. One of my friends doesnt have a lock on his locker....

He uses these cloth book covers on his text-books so I took fishing like and tied the line through each cover and the end of it to his locker... took one of them out and the rest went with them.

That's all I did this year though....

-
Back