Are 15 inch wheels any better than fourteen inch wheels?

-
Good catch, fellow Manitoban!
Yeah there are parts of MB where I just won't go; like Carman! Man that town doesn't need any speed limit at all; if your nuts enough to go there with any vehicle you value, you will be crawling along at 15/20 mph, and dreading it.I just stay away.
Winnipeg's not much better!

The larger diameter will also improve ride quality. Think skateboard wheels over a speed bump vs. monster mudders @ 44 inches.

OK, the was comically outrageous in the comparison but the idea is there in a grand scale.

Larger tire, more rubber, less of an impact feel over the road.

You don't feel much of anything when you're running 44x19.5-15" Monster Mudders. You don't even realize you went over a speed bump. I know, I ran 40" and later, 44" Monster Mudders on my '84 D50 for a long time as a daily driver. The mile high sidewalls tended to flex a good bit and would absorb a lot, also the same thing is the reason they would get great traction in pretty much any situation. The massive bias ply tires would flex and bite into anything.

The downside... The only thing you hear when you're driving with Monster Mudders is "RAW-RAW-RAW-RAW-RAW" as you cruise down the road and the tires growl louder than your dual exhaust with glass packs.

Last edited:
-
Back