Are girdles generally added for big rpm or HP or torque

-
If your creative, you can use a W7-8-9 on a stock block.
When did the Chevy SB2 & RO7 first make there appearance?
I’m not so quick to call a weight saving modified block a Chevy height block.
Chevy oiling? You mean pushrod oiling?
Chevy didn’t invent that.
I’m not up on the valve train of the upper W series engines.
You said accepts a Chevy rotating assembly.
Really? A Chevy crank slips into a small block MoPar?
If your going to go with modifying the crank for a small Chevy rod journal, I call that taking adavantage. Same would go for any other rod mod or piston mod. It’s basic hot rodding. Use what you can from anywhere you can to take advantage of it. Straight up! If I can get a KIA part to work for my advantage in my MoPar, I will, but does that now make it a KIA?
You say “Accepts Chevy front acc. parts?
Again, more hot rodding part swapping.
But I’d like to know more ! Can I bolt on a Chevy timing cover, water pump? If your using adapters, then the answer is no. Not yes with adapters.
I know you can get or modify blocks at the rear to accept a Chevy trans but wouldn’t that also allow for room to use a BOP trans?
Does that make it a Chevy Olds/MoPar hybred? It’s because your a purist, and insulted and made sick by another companies part on the MP block it is now a 95% Chevy or GM engine?

Last edited:
On another level, if Chrysler didn’t invent it and use it, then it’s nit truly a Chrysler, by the way I’m reading what you said.

If that is the case, then the HEMI is not a Chrysler product.

What does a "mild" 575 hp small block combo look like?
My "mild" 576 HP smallblock cost me a fortune and idles at around 1300 RPM
motor.jpg

Yeah. Mild.:realcrazy:

Hear i go again. GET A CENTER WIEGHTED crank! Ford puts them in stock 5.0 mustangs for a reason. They rev to the moon, and Ford knows the hotrod crowd will push the limits, yet you don't hear of many failures.
Center weighted cranks spread the load to not stress numbers 2 and 4. Number three now has to carry its share of the load. The crank is happy because it is twisting and flexing less.
Guess how many crank failures Ford has had in th stock 5.0? None. Racing? None. And they sell that same stock crank to racers for big power motors.

I have no personal smalkblock experiance, but i have a center weighted crank in my bigblock making about 900 hp. Mega block, had some cap walk, put in center weighted crank, no cap walk, 7450 rpm shifts. My guess is a cw crank might allow another 150 hp before block failure. Hmmm, now how well are those stock cylinders going to hold up?

Hear i go again. GET A CENTER WIEGHTED crank! Ford puts them in stock 5.0 mustangs for a reason. They rev to the moon, and Ford knows the hotrod crowd will push the limits, yet you don't hear of many failures.
Center weighted cranks spread the load to not stress numbers 2 and 4. Number three now has to carry its share of the load. The crank is happy because it is twisting and flexing less.
Guess how many crank failures Ford has had in th stock 5.0? None. Racing? None. And they sell that same stock crank to racers for big power motors.
You make a great point, but lets point out the 302's stroke of 3.00 which is hardly hanging it out there. Who makes a CW 4" crank for a dodge?

Thread seems to be based on max effort stroker type stuff, but I'm curious..
How many have pushed their 340/318 to the point of cap walk, If any?

You make a great point, but lets point out the 302's stroke of 3.00 which is hardly hanging it out there. Who makes a CW 4" crank for a dodge?

Thread seems to be based on max effort stroker type stuff, but I'm curious..
How many have pushed their 340/318 to the point of cap walk, If any?
The 5.0 newer crank i refered to is about 3.7 inch stroke. 2011 to 2019 models. Crower made my cw crank, and there are cheaper sources for cranks, hopefully sb ones.

-
Back