Are these drain holes

-

Thomas Dennis

Reaction score
I'm working on fixing the bent up rocker panels on my 75 Duster. I've started on the right side first. I'm wondering if these are drain holes

IMG_2667.JPG

IMG_2667.JPG

IMG_2669.JPG

IMG_2669.JPG

IMG_2668.JPG

For the third time YES!:rofl:

On 67 -69 convertibles any water that gets past the top runs to a gutter in the car that dumps into the front of the rear quarter and rocker area to drain out.

For the third time YES!:rofl:

On 67 -69 convertibles any water that gets past the top runs to a gutter in the car that dumps into the front of the rear quarter and rocker area to drain out.

...or to not drain out when those get plugged. Got home one day in the rain and the rear footwells were FLOODED in our GTS. Quickly cleared out the garage. Removed the seats and carpet outside and cleared the drains. Then put the car away to dry...

..or to not drain out when those get plugged
I watch car shows and they spray undercoat all over the drain holes. It would be do easy to put straws in the holes before spraying

A long time ago I was trying to avoid the typical rust that you see in Dart quarters and an old timer showed me how to put little jars under the drain holes and squirt engine oil (with its anti rust additives) down the slot next to the trunk floor and up over the wheel well next to the quarter so it runs down the seam and into the quarter in front of the wheel well. Any drains that don't flow get opened up with a wire coat hanger and the jars collect the draining oil. Be sure that the drain in the plastic plug in the quarter behind the wheel also drains. I do this once every three years and have had no rust in the lower quarters since. I think that part of why this has worked is that debris, especially paper, that slides down that slot gets soaked in oil and then doesn't absorb and hold water. You would be surprised how much trash I have fished out of that slot in lots of cars over the years. My current project had a whole set of big fat colored magic markers down there!

-
Back