Are these Mopar??

-

4spdragtop

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Picked these up today at the hoarders house, I couldnt pass them up as they look Mopar, but not sure. The dimensions are 4 7/8" high, by 6 1/2" wide. The lens hole has a 3" diameter, so I thinks its for signals. any ideas??

Thanks
4spdragtop

Attachments

• DSCF6492 (Medium).jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 529
  • DSCF6495 (Medium).jpg
    118 KB · Views: 577
Maybe AMC, like Hornet or Gremlin inner grill before the solo headlights?

Is there a penstar symbol anywhere on the back of it?

If it's pre-67 It would be a "DPCD" logo instead of a Pentastar.

From the 1930's (or late 20's) to the late 60's Chrysler parts were marked with "DPCD" (Dodge, Plymouth, Chrysler, Desoto). Not all the stuff had a logo though, even the same exact original parts side by side, one could have the logo and the other wouldn't.

maybe a 65 dodge huhhhhhhhhhhhh

Nope

Steve, could you post a picture of just one, make sure you get the whole part in the pic, you can't quite see the whole bezel on them in the other ones. I don't believe these are Mopar, I am trying to figure it out though. A mopa aluminum bezel never had a part number on it unless it was ink stamped which wasn't very common in the 50's-60's.

Nope

Steve, could you post a picture of just one, make sure you get the whole part in the pic, you can't quite see the whole bezel on them in the other ones. I don't believe these are Mopar, I am trying to figure it out though. A mopa aluminum bezel never had a part number on it unless it was ink stamped which wasn't very common in the 50's-60's.

Thanks Keith, I will post a pic after work

Thanks
4spdragtop

I think they are tail light bezels for an early Ford, Merc or something else from that era. If you look at them they appear to be the same part, not a pair.

Heres a couple more pics showing the entire piece, there are 2 mounting bolts that go thru the black plastic as well as 2 mounting tabs.
Thanks everyone for the help

Attachments

• DSCF6570 (Medium).jpg
    72 KB · Views: 216
  • DSCF6573 (Medium).jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 229
this part is driving me crazy, i have looked at hundreds of pics of 60s cars and nothing yet. i dont believe this is a 70s part and 50s would be too early. i could be wrong though.

I was thinking it looked kind of like 64/65 Barracuda/Valiant Grille trim? Possibly?

-
Back