Are these oddball emblems?

-

RDJ

Reaction score
I went to ebay to look for some "Formula S" emblems to put on my 67 Barracuda. After looking at 4 pages of Barracuda emblems, I didn't see any of these. Are these unusual, or so common that nobody wants them? If they are unusual, I will probably just put them back on after the paint is done on my Barracuda.

BTW, in the ten years I've lived in this town (Redding, CA), I have never seen a 2nd generation Barracuda cruising around, not even during our "Cool April Nights" week long classic car week. I've only seen a couple at the drag strip, so I don't get to see any to compare with.

Attachments

• Emblem1.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 290
Pretty common, came on many different cars. I think they are neat though, they look nice!

Pretty common, came on many different cars. I think they are neat though, they look nice!

Thanks! I should probably just use them.

BTW, the posts are about 2 1/8 inches apart, does anybody know if the Formula S emblem posts are the same distance?

Thanks! I should probably just use them.

BTW, the posts are about 2 1/8 inches apart, does anybody know if the Formula S emblem posts are the same distance?

The are not only not the same distance apart, the Formula S posts are up/down. If you put the FS emblem on, the hole from the V8 emblem closest to the wheel opening will be covered, the one closest to the door will not be covered.

If your car is a real FS and it is getting painted, then I would get the correct emblems and fill in the holes.

Here is the part number:

Attachments

• DSC04659.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 261
Those are pretty run-of-the-mill sort of 273/318 2-barrel emblems.....I thought maybe there were other ones that were the exact same size that read "commando V-8"......I believe my '67 Barracuda had them, because it's a Commando 273 engined car, but not a Formula S.

The posts on the "V EIGHT" emblems measures about 2 1/8". Somebody measured the "Formula S", and the posts measure about 1 1/2".

I kind of assumed that any emblem on this part of the car would use the same holes (D'Oh), but apparently, Plymouth decided to make different patterns for different emblems. I really don't want to drill into my new paint, so I guess the "V EIGHT" emblems are my choice by default.

My 66 Barracuda, 273 - V8, non Formula "S" came with those emblems.

-
Back