Are these the Kelsey Hayes recall wheels ?

-

carfanatic

Reaction score
I stumbled upon these wheels the other day and I was hoping someone could help I.D. them. The bolt pattern is 4.50". You can see the date stamp in the upper right of the pic. The other wheel is stamped 6 21 68. Thanks....

kelsey hayes.jpg

Yes those are 1969 "recall" wheels. Those look to be in pretty rough shape which is unfortunate. Even so, they would be worth restoring because of their date code. If I had them, I would look for somebody who is restoring a 1969 car, and offer to trade them straight across for a set of the new reproductions (which are a better wheel).

Thanks for the replies. I went back to were I found these wheels hoping for more or at least info on where they came from. I picked them up in a local junkyard.

lmk how much $$$ yo uwant..also get em cleaned up pitting looks real bad and they may be unusable but good for trunk spare tire... dan ph23vo at juno.com dan

How many cars with the 14" Kelsey Hayes recalled wheels have survived? There only about 102 original 69 Barracudas and 127 Darts according to the MCG article a few years ago. Supposely 90 to 95% were recalled. Over the years I only seen pictures of 2 convertibles and 3 or 4 fastbacks Barracudas with them on those cars. I have a 69 fastback with the KH wheels, but I am missing a center cap. Anyone have a center cap?

Wow...that;s Cool! That's what they are alright. Need centers and trim rings.
How do the lugnut holes look? They were recalled because they loosened off and cracked in that area.
Rare!

I stumbled upon these wheels the other day and I was hoping someone could help I.D. them. The bolt pattern is 4.50". You can see the date stamp in the upper right of the pic. The other wheel is stamped 6 21 68. Thanks....

just sandblast them and go from there! if there is some light pitting just work them out and get them turned over for some cash

-
Back