Are we in another hot rod golden age?

-
Challenger SRT 392 Core.
Base model body with SRT 392 and all go fast goodies plus A/C $48K

So $48K todays bucks is equal to what $5,500 in 1970 bucks. Its all relative dude.

Hell my folks bought their home in 1966 it cost $11,000 they sold it to move into a new house 10 years ago, and got $325K out of it. Inflation is relative.

I understand the argument, and inflation, eyc...... BUT I was there in 1970, it would have took me 4 mo to make $5500 back then, so it would equal $130,000 today.????... don't think so! lol I would take the $5500 and the price of a new roadrunner back in '70! ya bet.
but i'm retired poor. tired, and woreout! so the price of modern new muscle in moot with me.!! BUT, at least it is avauilable, and as they age, they will be cost efficient for many gearheads!! I just have a hard time getting excited over anything but the old stuff! maybe because i'm OLD!???? lol

Yes, but will modern muscle be valuable and collectible as the original stuff is now once they age?

Hard to say... but I would think so. The Greatest Generation put a lot of value in Model A's and T's and we all put a lot of value into the early Muscle Cars so I would imagine future generations would put value in present day Muscle Cars.

Value will depend on how original the "original" cars are and how original current owners keep their new stuff. And while one might think that a non-descript /6 car may rise in value with a V8 transplant, in the end it's a buyer's market and if buyers are looking for cars that have been kept in original condition, that's where the value will be put.

I doubt we are in a golden age, comparable to the 40's-70's... but have no mistake... the drop in gas prices has driven a new resurgence of hobby vehicles.

Fracking, afforadable gasoline, Road Kill and Jay Leno.
Yes, all makes interest go up in classic cars and what goes with them, I think.

-
Back