Are you looking for Viper Calipers?

-

Lakeeffect

Drive Fast , Take Chances
Reaction score
http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/d...=P1135867996W43b3f85c7ab9e&gan=1&apwid8E9gZxz

I spoke with NHT the company that rebuilds these calipers and assured me that even though this Distributor has a generic caliper as the picture that these are the correct ones.
He also sent me a few pictures.

So reassured i ordered them. They don't have the Cool viper logo but YOU know what ya got right :)

Thaught some others may be looking and the price didn't seem bad at all.

Hopefully they work out well. Ill get some pics when they arrive.

17689L-BOTTOM.jpg

17689L-OUTER.jpg

17689L-INNER.jpg

Those are first gen viper calipers. Do they also have 2nd gen viper calipers?

Is there a core charge on those? Thats the deal breaker I've found with other places.

What was your total amount without cores.

WELL NEVER MIND

just checked my email and they are out of stock. WTF.

That is a great price for late model Viper calipers. I usually send people to Archer Racing but it is nice to have another source.

The newer Viper calipers used to be fairly reasonable to purchase new over the counter but the bean counters raised the price a bunch. I think I used to be able to buy them for about $500 a pair brand new from the local Dodge dealer.

Got the caliper in look to be in good shape and plenty of pad life.

viper1.jpg

VIPER2.jpg

Look great. Those are really nice calipers. They have a nice fell to them and there are plenty of pad options. They work on the 11.75 B body rotors with spacer or on the C body rotors without a spacer. They'll also work on rotors up to 13 inches. I ran them on Viper rotors on my B body car and on a buddy's A body car. We just redrilled the rotors for a 5x4.50 pattern and bolted it together. Worked great, even for road racing.

Yup Andy already Got your Kit! I'm using them with 11 3/4 police rotors Dimpled and slotted By Rotor pros.

Now i just gotta find them 73+ Drum Knuckles.

Happened to be at O'Riely's Auto parts they have reman'd units for $109.99 + $60 core charge each. That's $340 plus tax for a pair.

Thought that might help some one to know.

Ok i need to ask a ? what all do i need to do to run these on my 74 Duster? Like what parts will i need and how much do i have to customize!

^ Yup, New brake lines too. I ordered my rear disk kit from Dr diff. He said 75 for the Front viper lines. Is that about what you paid Pauly?

The Viper kit bolts right on to a '74 Duster with drum brakes. If you have disc brakes then you need to swap spindles for the drum ones.

-
Back