Arguing with Egag over outboard mag coils

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
Trying to find GOOD magneto coils for OMC/Johnson/Evinrude/Sea King outboards is getting tougher. It seems that feedback, price, etc, on Egag does not tell you much. They all come from China So I had bought 4, and it turns out the HV output is lowest on ALL 4 of these coils of anything I have--including damaged OEM's on which the epoxy has deteriorated!!!

IMG_2944cs.JPG

IMG_2943cs.JPG

IMG_2938cs.JPG

IMG_2937cs.JPG

IMG_2935cs.JPG

IMG_2933cs.JPG

Of course these non-Engrish speaking outfits want to know "what dear customer is to say the model year in which the you have part installed using?" or "Dear customer for to we reliably certain determination of trouble please send photo of XXXX X X X XXXXXXXXXXxxxxx" well YOU know

So I sent them all this ****^^ and we'll see if we can dazzle 'em with technobabble

I see not problem for you. please look instruction for correct way. Free return if no open box. tomorrow see again then no return. Internet not good for coil, no problem today!!

..............And the game continues...........

"
Dear customer,
Thank you so much for your clear showing.
We will improve this part urgently.

To save your time, wondering are you willing to keep it at your disposal for sale or reserve? For that, we can apply for half refund for you hoping to make up your loss.
Could you please consider our offer?
Looking forward to your kindly reply.
Regards"

==========================

ME:

These are unusable to me. I am requesting a full refund. I'm sure you don't want to pay shipping to have them back

..............And the game continues...........

"
Dear customer,
Thank you so much for your clear showing.
We will improve this part urgently.

To save your time, wondering are you willing to keep it at your disposal for sale or reserve? For that, we can apply for half refund for you hoping to make up your loss.
Could you please consider our offer?
Looking forward to your kindly reply.
Regards"

==========================

ME:

These are unusable to me. I am requesting a full refund. I'm sure you don't want to pay shipping to have them back
Shipping not have to return. please try to make work. No return if open box. Item will work if used with proper way. Not for use with car or motorcycle. Please be happy not sorry on review of item. Half off if you no return?? Shipping too high to China for return.

Last edited:
All right LOLOLOL I'm laughing hysterically. This is hilarious. In fact it's funny.

All ignition coils are polarity sensitve. I've known that "forever." But these coils are clearly marked with a black wire and another "different" green/ red/ blue/ other wire for "hot." The coils that most closely resemble OEM have a large eye for the ground/ mounting screw, and a smaller one for the no6 breaker points screw

And I've now got a number of import coils WHICH ONLY OUTPUT maybe 5-8KV with full tilt drive from test box

And today I gathered up some previously not tested, as I need at least 3 more pretty much immediately.

AND I SAID TO MYSELF I FRICKIN WONDER!!!!

AND I REVERSED THE PRIMARY WIRES AND THE KV OUTPUT WENT THROUGH THE ROOF!!!

The various Asians manufactured these with improperly marked primary wires!!!

All right LOLOLOL I'm laughing hysterically. This is hilarious. In fact it's funny.

All ignition coils are polarity sensitve. I've known that "forever." But these coils are clearly marked with a black wire and another "different" green/ red/ blue/ other wire for "hot." The coils that most closely resemble OEM have a large eye for the ground/ mounting screw, and a smaller one for the no6 breaker points screw

And I've now got a number of import coils WHICH ONLY OUTPUT maybe 5-8KV with full tilt drive from test box

And today I gathered up some previously not tested, as I need at least 3 more pretty much immediately.

AND I SAID TO MYSELF I FRICKIN WONDER!!!!

AND I REVERSED THE PRIMARY WIRES AND THE KV OUTPUT WENT THROUGH THE ROOF!!!

The various Asians manufactured these with improperly marked primary wires!!!
Very sorry, no backwards current!! Wire no better in reverse when no current. Please send picture of test wire to fix. Positive reverse when negative current fails. Please leave good rating, mistake from you make then fix.

Wow! Me no likey talk with you no longer as correct answer not given.

had a chinee coil to replace on chinee atv. No spark. Tested it with lamination isolated from frame mount. It then worked.

-
Back