Arizona FABO Members Local Shows & Events Interest

-
20210717_061542.jpg

Boy, I'll tell you, it is getting awful hard to keep up on all the postings that are going on this board.

Did someone die and I did not hear about it?

I was surfing the net and I see that the Pavilions car shows are back up and running on Saturdays. Am I correct or did I read it wrong?
If so, do many of the FABOs show up there?

I was surfing the net and I see that the Pavilions car shows are back up and running on Saturdays. Am I correct or did I read it wrong?
If so, do many of the FABOs show up there?
Yes, even bigger and more organized. Less spaces available so get there in the morning. McDonalds doesn’t run it anymore. The landowner took it over. He’s a car guy. I go frequently but not lately. Of course as it gets hotter the the show field dwindles.

They’ve really cracked down on the kids that usually show around late afternoon. Heavy LO presence. Saw a kid get busted last fall from doing a burnout. He went to jail and his car impounded.

Any FABO gatherings or car show in general coming to Phoenix area? I'm in St George Utah, but come down often.

67th ave and bell road every Saturday night, not a huge turn out like it use to be but still something to check out. That, and Pavilions in Scottsdale also on Saturdays.

67th ave and bell road every Saturday night, not a huge turn out like it use to be but still something to check out. That, and Pavilions in Scottsdale also on Saturdays.
I stopped going to 67th and Bell, because it had become a madhouse. Especially since the parts store took up a chunk of parking spaces. Nice to hear it has toned down, I will give it a try again

For some reason, the Pavilions has lost its appeal for me. Is it still run the same way as the last organizers? Or hopefully improved?

Last edited:
I stopped going to 67th and Bell, because it had become a madhouse. Especially since the parts store took up a chunk of parking spaces. Nice to hear it has toned down, I will give it a try again

For some reason, the Pavilions has lost its appeal for me. Is it still run the same way as the last organizers? Or hopefully improved?
Can’t say much about the Pavs, haven’t been out there in a a while. I’ve been working Saturday nights for about a year, made it to 67th maybe twice recently.

someone, I do not know who, organizes car shows most every week. Seems he chooses a Park--N-Ride site. Last Saturday, there was one a couple miles from my house, starting at 9:30pm.
Saturday was exhausting and I fell asleep watching TV, well before 9:30pm.
Getting old is not for pussies

Hello all, I just ran into a problem this morning, (4:30a) I was coming out of Dunkin Doughnut and realized that I had to put the hot coffee between my legs as there are no cup holders in the Duster.
What do you do for cup holders?

Hello all, I just ran into a problem this morning, (4:30a) I was coming out of Dunkin Doughnut and realized that I had to put the hot coffee between my legs as there are no cup holders in the Duster.
What do you do for cup holders?

All this time and you just now ran across that problem? :D

I find a holder that does what I need and put a couple of short screws though it.

The wife and I are looking to move to Northern AZ. Kingman is one of the towns that we are considering.
What sort of events happen up there?
*************************************************************************************************************************
By the way......we are escaping the state, NOT bringing their ways with us.

Last edited:
All this time and you just now ran across that problem? :D

I find a holder that does what I need and put a couple of short screws though it.
Had the situation quite a while ago, But this is the first time I had the coffee spill, but at least I knew the coffee was hot and freshly brewed

Those look fantastic. But I have a beer budget and those are for a champagne budget
Fair point haha. I actually was just looking at the prices and I think I got mine when they were closer to $100. Been a while though since I bought it.

The wife and I are looking to move to Northern AZ. Kingman is one of the towns that we are considering.
What sort of events happen up there?
*************************************************************************************************************************
By the way......we are escaping the state, NOT bringing their ways with us.

Basically nothing in kingman
cept occasional car show.
They do have the street drags once a year.
Probably from a car guy point of view is that you would be fairly close to Vegas for the events there.
My Brother lives there, and our youngest Son used to, so I have been there more than a few times.

Just a thought, might anyone here have an extra 71 duster wiper motor switch 2 speed???

AZ local checking in. Looks like we have a pretty lively group going here!

EDIT: Right after I posted I noticed the last post in this thread was from 4.5 months ago lol, so maybe lively wasn't the best description. Oh well, still worth checking in with my AZ peeps. :)

AZ local checking in. Looks like we have a pretty lively group going here!

EDIT: Right after I posted I noticed the last post in this thread was from 4.5 months ago lol, so maybe lively wasn't the best description. Oh well, still worth checking in with my AZ peeps. :)
I'm alive :thumbsup:

-
Back