Arizona folks

-

1970-dart

Reaction score
Arizona even lol damn auto correct does some strange crap lol.

anybody in the sun city west area that could go help out my aunt and cousin. My uncle passed a couple years and my aunt ( whoi s 75)ago and my cousin (who is 40) has lots of health issues and is on home dialysis.

either way my cousins 2006 dodge charger has an issue with his car not going in gear and i have research it and it seems like a common problem with a straight forward fix that dont require many tools.but the dealer of course will want a small fortune to fix something that i a 30-45 minute job and a 8$ part.

either way here is a video of the problem and the fix

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHFqa5eO4NE"]Shifter won't move - YouTube[/ame]

and video on how to repair the part without purchasing a new piece

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33cyMw0F6ts"]Dodge Magnum stuck in park solution part 1 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPv71SqKdzE"]Dodge Magnum stuck in park solution part 2 - YouTube[/ame]

thanks in advance
Don

Is that anywhere near Phoenix?

Nevermind. I see that it kinda is. Ed (805MoparKid) is in that area I think. Maybe he knows somebody who can help.

I'm 1 1/2 hrs away on the far east side of Phx or I'd be happy to help....I may be meeting up this Sat for a Mopar night in that area & Sun for a cruise with a local LX club..maybe I can ask for someone local to help..

I live in Sun City West but just got out of the Hospital from having a hernia repaired and am kinda laid up or would be glad to help.

There is also a metal style interlock mechanism. Dorman 924-706 in case you don't want to install the plastic unit. Runs about $14-20

thanks everybody and i guess they are just going to call the garage

There is also a metal style interlock mechanism. Dorman 924-706 in case you don't want to install the plastic unit. Runs about $14-20

The infamous 'pink thingy'. I got my metal one from Billet Tech several years ago. They are available on ebay also. 'park lock out'. Supposedly the dealer part is now an improved plastic one (color is white instead of pink) but why use plastic when metal is available...

The infamous 'pink thingy'. I got my metal one from Billet Tech several years ago. They are available on ebay also. 'park lock out'. Supposedly the dealer part is now an improved plastic one (color is white instead of pink) but why use plastic when metal is available...

if it was me i would do the fix with screws and electrical wire as shown in the 2 part video.but if i bought a new one it would be the metal one

This was (and still is) my DD. I don't recall exactly how it looks inside, but I tripped mine with a screwdriver for a couple weeks till I got the part.

My cousin has not had a chance to get the car fixed yet so I am bringing this back up to see if anybody else on the area might be willing and able to go fix it.

That have no problem paying and I would rather see somebody here get the money. Let me know.

Thanks Don

I use the split pin method, it's a lot easier and mroe elegant than messing around with screws and wire. Probably done half a dozen of them, just take it easy putting it back together, had to use the billet one once because somebody else forced the pink thing back in and broke another bit off it.

-
Back