arrgggg WIRES???

-

devil dawg

Reaction score
ok, maybe somone can give me a little help here. here is the whole story..the previous owner of my 72 duster did a little wire chopping under the dash. everything worked except the signals. the green and brown wires in the kick panal that go to the brakes were wired together..?. ok so i bought a wiring harness from a member on here "i think its for a rhd" anyway, i put the unmolested harness in and now i have nothing at all...no brake lights, headlights, parklights ect.. the old wiring harness also looks different than the new one. in pic 3 can anyone tell me what the white box is?
new harness...
1zf7foo.jpg

heres a pic of the old one
snouh5.jpg

heres a pic of the box i was askin about
54hglc.jpg

I believe that box is the seatbelt interlock computer. Did this harness come from a '74?

That '65 B body harness is going to be very different.

The white box is a seatbelt warning buzzer. Beyond that I really dont know.
I think rear brake/turn wires are green and yellow. A orange going to the rear would be for a trunk lamp.

I have a good used dash harness for a '72 model if you still need. Any other years or models would need to be modified to use in a '72. Does yours have A/C?

ok...i figured it out. the previous owner put in an aftermarket amp gauge and thats what i hooked the amp wires to. the aftermarket one has a power and ground so i took the wires loose and hooked them together and it all works now. so easy to overlook the little things...lol.

-
Back