Article on best penetrating oil for rusty nuts

-
well, I'm going to assume most of these test have been done on rusted nuts, I own a marine shop and the application I need these products for is salt water application salted steel bolts in aluminum, I have tried all and more of these, Aero Kroil is hands down the best!, nothing touch's it, the product gets into with in 1 millionth of an inch and simply turns the salt to mush then usually the bolt comes right out, I live in Canada and have to bring this stuff up when I go to the states, hot rods are my hobby and this is the only penetrating oil I use in my home shop, like Frank's red hot I put this sh#t on everything!

The information was taken (without credit) from one Mr Terry Sterkel who took the time to do the tests and share it. He was an Avanti owner and had posted on his website sterkel.org and then systems-engineering-associates under 'avocation'. Those interested in the details of the test should be able to find it archived somewhere. My recollection is that it was in pdf form and I may have saved a copy. e-mail or PM me if all else fails and I'll look.

Mopar has its own rust penatrant you can buy at any dealer works better than anything on your list. I think it's about 8 bucks a can but 1 can goes a long way

We use that Kano stuff at work and it works great! I never knew about the ATF-Acetone mix. I will have to give it a try.

Penetrating oil? Just grab the 1" drive impact and have at it.

well, I'm going to assume most of these test have been done on rusted nuts, I own a marine shop and the application I need these products for is salt water application salted steel bolts in aluminum, I have tried all and more of these, Aero Kroil is hands down the best!, nothing touch's it, the product gets into with in 1 millionth of an inch and simply turns the salt to mush then usually the bolt comes right out, I live in Canada and have to bring this stuff up when I go to the states, hot rods are my hobby and this is the only penetrating oil I use in my home shop, like Frank's red hot I put this sh#t on everything!

Now I am confused....,, Franks Red Hot used as a penetrating oil....learn something new everyday

Kano Kroil? Any relation to Aero Kroil?
I used Aero Kroil with great results.

IMG_0968.jpg

EDIT: I just took a second look at the picture it is a Kano brand ... Durrr...

Gibbs? The website says it had to develop a special nozzle seal as it was so thin it would leak out of a standard spray head. PB and WD are very similar except PB has some acid in it for rust (thats a story an old timer told me...)

-
Back