Ashley Force Wins First Race!

-

ramcharger

Dismember
Reaction score
Yep, she did it today and made history as the first woman to win in Funny Car.

Congratz to her and the Force Team.

Yes she does, but strange how dad coments about going up in smoke then he does so... hmmmmm Anyway good for her!

Thanks for the update ramcharger,:thumbrig: Congrad's Ashly!!:cheers:

I wish I would have seen John "her dad" Talk about it.
I like hearing him talk after a race, But sounds like I missed a good one.

I will see it on sports center! I hope:-D

I think DADDY gave her that one.

Maybe, maybe not. We'll probably never know. I saw it but I forgot who had lane choice. That could be telling because a lot of drivers were going up in smoke in the left lane (JF's Lane). If JF had lane choice, that would look pretty bad.

If I remember right she had lane choice. 4.842 to JF's 4.845. Left lane had problems all day with a bump about 150' out, but he smoked the tires basically right from the hit of the throttle.

Jack

Yeah Jack, the transitional bump at 150' in the left lane was where most drivers were having problems.

I guess it wouldn't be too hard to imagine JF whispering to Austin Coil "Austin, make this clutch lock up real real fast, know what I mean? wink wink". But she did run faster than John, like you say, giving her lane choice and may have won whether he hooked up or not.

I'll take it at face value and think that JF made her work for it and he blew the tires 'cause of a crappy lane and clutch set-up. :) I like to be an optimist sometimes.

Who cares..nhra has become the john and ashley show,if shes not running they show her watching daddy run,and vice-versa ,every other interview is with one of them,and thet show his ugly wife after every run too..only thing worth watching now is prostock...

Who cares..nhra has become the john and Ashley show,if shes not running they show her watching daddy run,and vice-versa ,every other interview is with one of them,and thet show his ugly wife after every run too..only thing worth watching now is prostock...

I have to agree....it is getting a little old. I'm happy that there making strides in safety but it sounds like they can what ever they want to.

Yea it seems to maybe be getting that way. Hopefully now that she got her first win out of the way they will stop focusing so much on her and John.

I seen ESPN comparing her (A. Force) win to Danicas win in IRL, they stated it was the first win by a lady in Funny Car... I may be wrong but didnt Shirley Muldowney already win events not only in Funny Car but also Top Fuel. Also an NHRA championship a fews times!

1973_001.jpg

Who cares..nhra has become the john and ashley show,if shes not running they show her watching daddy run,and vice-versa ,every other interview is with one of them,and thet show his ugly wife after every run too..only thing worth watching now is prostock...

Beats watching you race.

JF busted his *** from absolutely nothing. His mom worked as a cook at Denny's and his Dad was a truck driver. He grew up in a trailer with zero for a future and turned it into million dollar business. He raced for years without winning an event and was almost banned from racing. He didn't give up, he didn't quit, he had only himself and wasn't showered with money from a relative. He gives buttloads of cash to charities and pays/supports all of those people he has working for him. He lived the american dream at the risk of life and limb.

What have you done? In regards to his wife, post a pic of yours if you're forunate enough to have one. You insult a man's wife like this she better look like Claudia Schiffer in her prime. You are entitled to your opinon, but you're making an *** of yourself by insulting his wife and family. I'd be way more impressed if you said "He's a dick because...." and had a true story to back it up. It sounds as if you're incredibly jealous of his success but are far too spoiled and lazy to do it yourself and expect to be the center of attention by proxy. Get over yourself. Listening to you is like hearing the two smelly *** foul mouth drunk jag offs that were sitting two rows behind me the last time I took my wife and 8 yr old daughter to the races. All show and no go.

BTW, a prostock motorcycle racer who moved up to top fuel (Anton Brown) also won, beating out Schumacher. If you watched you would know this. There's a lot of cool stuff happening right now in the NHRA.

I seen ESPN comparing her (A. Force) win to Danicas win in IRL, they stated it was the first win by a lady in Funny Car... I may be wrong but didnt Shirley Muldowney already win events not only in Funny Car but also Top Fuel. Also an NHRA championship a fews times!

Shirley never won an event in funny car. You are correct, she did win Top Fuel in many events but IIRC at least one national championship.

You have got to be kidding me! :shock:

How can you put yourself in such a negative state and foul mouth
a great man's wife.disgust

and who are you ?

Dear John F.
Sorry for the lack of info on 340srule's out burst.:salut:

memike and ramcharger,

Right on in defense of JF and his wife, What does what his wife's looks have to do with this thread anyways. She obviously has supported her husband for many years thru thick and thin and they have raised a nice family. I don't know what she looks like and it doesn't matter !!!

As for Ashley winning this weekend, congrats to her and the Force camp. Not much different than what happenned with Warran and Kurt Johnson over the years.

Congrats to Ashley and to John Force and his wife, for instilling this great sport in her blood.

Just me and my 2 cents. =P~

Pleaseeeeeee...........as for the other comment i watch just about every race,and when it comes to nhra prostock is still the class to watch....and for the other comment,how would you know you've never seen me race:bootysha:

I'm all for john force racing, but i'm really for ashley, and courtney ,and brittney, and what the hell throw laurie in there too! i'll take 'em all, at the same time!! (ha,ha!)

I saw this thread right above the one titled "Show me your rear end". Nice mental picture there.

RAM CHARGER,, i take my hat off to you well said,,,

big daddy don garlits,,may be the greatest drag racer/inovator of all time

but like it or not,,( and i love it ) john force is the face of the N.H.R.A

lets see some one else crash,,and make a recovery that fast at his age ,come out and lay down the fastest pass during pre season testing,,,

most people would of gave up,,,,,JOHN FORCE is the man,,,

I think she is only in it for the publicity, not for the love of the sport. Looks to me also that john gave it to her. I get tired of watching it anymore cause it seems like its only about force now.

-
Back