[FOR SALE] Ask and you shall recieve! (Flip Top Gas cap Adapter)

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow what a few weeks... I owe an apology to you all here at FABO. As you can see I haven't been on in a good while.

I currently have several of these in hand and unsold! Ill be PMing you that have asked in just a little bit.

Thanks for the install pictures guys!!!!

I recently sent one of the adapters to a friend in Utah, he owns a 75 Duster and made me aware of the piece shown in the above pictures. I was never aware the part of the filler neck on the late model Dusters,etc... had this removable piece. It threw him and I for a loop. He did basically what has been pictured above as well.
I was very surprised that nobody ever brought it to my attention.

Anyhow.. Thanks for all the positive comments, and pictures of your awesome cars with the caps installed!

As for my PM's, I let my "gold membership" lapse and I had too many already there. Ill be "re-upping" my membership and I have cleared a lot of old PMs too.

Feel free to contact if needed.

THANKS FABO!!!!!!

Got my adaptor and gas cap.........looks great! Thanks for making these available.......I have had a lot of people who say they love the look!
Thanks!

bought a new cap at the Nats yesterday and finally put this on today.:D

Attachments

• gascap2.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 336
  • gascap1.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 332
if someone has the dimensions to this piece give them to me and I will make them . Same price .

Thanks,

Steve

mr.stix

I too am having the same problem...I think I asked about it awhile back but my memory sux,,

Here is mine....doesn't look right.. not sure what I am doing wrong......

_IGP8784-XL.jpg

Back from the depths guys! Long story, but when I get a few more minutes Ill be sure to explain.
I owe a huge apology to all that have tried to contact me over the past several months.

I do currently have a fair amount of the adapters made. Once I have a few minutes in the coming week or so, Ill contact all of you who have tried to reach me.

Again.. I am very sorry for the absence.
Donnie

By the look of the picture, looks the way I would imagine it looking....hence the name spacer, so the flip top doesn't hit the body. Unless I'm missing something in the pic.

By the look of the picture, looks the way I would imagine it looking....hence the name spacer, so the flip top doesn't hit the body. Unless I'm missing something in the pic.

If you look closely at the pictures of installed adapters and mopars that came with these, then mr stix and mine, you will notice how much farther they stick out..both ours could snug up a lot closer to the body.

ian.

Grassy and Mr Stix:
What year vehicle?
I have been told that sometime around 74/75 that the filler neck is slightly different in the way it was designed and may cause the whole assembly to sit further away from the body. Do you mind posting pictures of the filler neck with nothing installed? Ill then be able to see what is going on and find a permanent solution.
Thanks

Sure. I should be able to post tomorrow.

Mine is a '75. Figures it is different.

Thanks
Ian.

It has been a mixed bag really. I have only heard of maybe 3 at the most that had any problems. One being a good friend of mine. Its the biggest reason I hadn't really addressed the situation. It wasn't very common.
Based on the material and the design, there isnt much I am able to do without making the product in a different manner, or possibly 2 different depths, but in reality to try to account for all the different variables across 1000's of cars would turn out to be quite a hassle.

There are a host of things that can attribute to these not fitting well. Body damage, Bondo, 10 layers of paint, different filler tubes, etc...

I am willing to take a look and see if there is a viable solution. As well as see what we can do fo those of you that have an issue. :)

So I am 1 of three cars that is a '74/75 ?

Here is a pic of filler neck...there is a thin cork washer between the car and the filler neck..

Hope you can help us ?

gas%20cap-XL.jpg

Installed..

_IGP8784-XL.jpg

Grassy, from your pic, it appears that the depth of your inset is about half what it is on my '72.

72dodge..

So is the problem my car or the gas cap ?

Wonder what would happen if I took the belt sander to the adapter ?

Ian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back