[FOR SALE] Ask and you shall recieve! (Flip Top Gas cap Adapter)

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are making another set of adaptors, please add me to the list..

These adapters are a great product........easy install......work great....$$ well spent.

Attachments

• LCH HOME 117.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 421
Hey guys... Holy crap man, everytime I think the rush is over you guys come knocking! Awesome!
OK I guess Ill have to start a list again!
I literally just dropped the drawing off at a new machine shop as my other machinest will not be available any more.
I hope to have a quote by the end of the day or maybe tomorrow, then get them made asap!
Let me go through my recent messages and Ill begin a new list!
Thanks again guys!

1. 73Dust
2. Badlilred79 X2
3. 70-duster
4. Hotwheelsjr
5. Oldkimmer
6. The Toad
7. Irazor

Please let me know if I missed anyone!
Ill send a PM to you all when I have them in stock, letting you know of payment info!
Thanks again guys!

OK so if any of you have read how this came about you may have picked up that I had a friend making these. Well he recently took a new job and is nowhere near me anymore, nor is he able to manage side work at his new job. (yet):iconbigg:
Because of this, I have been forced to look into other options of making the adapters.
I have checked several machine shops and have been quoted basically the same price from all of them.
=;Here is the BAD news. The cost to make the same amount is literally 80% more than what I was getting through my hook up.

At the new cost for machining, plus the cost of material, and my "flat rate" shipping it has left me with only two options.

1. I stop making them. And call it "a great time while it lasted!"

Thanks guys.
4mulaSvaliant

2. Raise the price to a point where it makes it worth me having them made still.

After doing the math and trying not to be ridiculous on the price. I have come up with a new price of:
$34.00 US dollars in the lower 48
$36.00 US dollars to Canada and Alaska

At this point I'm soaking up most of the loss,:usa2: but I would like to keep this rolling for the sake of the idea and for the money it has provided to fund my Valiant.

Please let me know if this will work for all of you who are on the list.
If I get most of the people to agree, then I will move forward. If not.....
Well... I guess it was fun while it lasted! :burnout:

It is too bad that you are getting hosed by the machine shops in your area. Just thinking about this idea... What if you could find someone out here who is a machinist or would be willing to partner up with you on this. Even if you had to raise the price, you may not have to raise it up so much if you could get someone to hook up with to produce these adapters. Probably not feasible but just a thought.

1. 73Dust................x
2. Badlilred79 X2
3. 70-duster
4. Hotwheelsjr.........x
5. Oldkimmer
6. The Toad.............x
7. Irazor
8. Scampin around...x
9. Gastona...............x

The "x" is just signifying that you have agreed to the new price so I can keep track of the numbers. We are getting close here. Im not looking for all of you to agree but the majority anyway.
Im sure I can sell the others that dont wish to pay the increase.
I am thinking the increase isnt all that horrible. Sooooo

Thanks again guys.

2. Badlilred79 X2
3. 70-duster
4. Hotwheelsjr.........x
5. Oldkimmer
7. Irazor
8. Scampin around...x
10. jw133489...........x

Thanks man!

With that said!
Ill get them made!
Ill keep you all posted on when I have them in hand.

I'm in for the $34 to the lower 48. Now I don't have to fabricate my own and I'm supporting a FABO fad-o. :flower:

Already got the cap from Ebay... hope it's the right one! Any way to tell w/o knowing what car it came off of?

Yeah man as long as its a 67 -69 Charger or Barracuda cap you will work either way!
Hoever its always nice if the pattern on your filler neck and the pattern on the cap match!
Ill update the list this eve.
Thanks man!

just adding my .02 here.. To those who havent given the ok at the new price or for those just catching this thread and are considering this.. buy it!! its an awesome piece, makes the job easy and makes it look like it belongs there.. I got mine a good while ago now, but if I had to do it all over again today, I would buy one at the new price.. no doubt...

Speedracerx..... Thanks man. Glad you are happy with it!

2. Badlilred79 X2
3. 70-duster
4. Hotwheelsjr.........x
5. Oldkimmer
7. Irazor
8. Scampin around...x
10. jw133489...........x
11. TNT440 Cbody....x
12. Jimmyray...........x

OK well not only have I gotten enough to make it worth while, I have now made it into what will be another batch!
Sweet!

Don't ever pass on a great idea such as these adapters. Even at the new price, they are worth it especially after you see how nice the cap will "flow" with the body lines of your Mopar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back