Aspen brakes on a 65 Dart?

-

salinasjoel

Learning Daily
Reaction score
Recall reading somewhere that this swap will not work, but can't seem to find that info anymore. I ask because I have access to a very cheap front disc setup (complete) off of an Aspen and have been on the hunt for a disc setup for my dart.

Recall reading somewhere that this swap will not work, but can't seem to find that info anymore. I ask because I have access to a very cheap front disc setup (complete) off of an Aspen and have been on the hunt for a disc setup for my dart.
nevermind I found my amswer

They work, spindle is a bit taller. Need BBJ upper control arms off a 73-76 car.

I used 73 duster UCA's and my 65 Darts LCA's with 80 Mirada brakes.

No dammit it works. This makes three times now. Do it.

Just to clarify;
-The Aspen is an F-body with the funky transverse T-bars. Those LCAs wont work. Im pretty sure the uppers will.But the lowers on your 65s should be right on. The UBJ pins on your car now, wont fit the Aspen spindles. But as mentioned, any 73 to 76 big BJ UCA will fit. Trebleg is eager to meet your needs. As far as swaps go, this one is easy and effective.
-Some guys here have mentioned that the Mirada calipers interfere with certain wheels, on the 11 inch rotors. Seems the corners have to be ground off the calipers. I forget what wheels. 500s maybe? IDK.
Hope this helps.

Thanks AJ, wheels should not be an issue as I am going to put 15" on it to clear the rear jeep brakes which are 11.25"

-
Back