Assassin traction bars

-

RUFF62

Reaction score
Anyone running these? I have a set but no instructions with them. Mine have a poly bushing in between the bar running from front to rear.

You don't have Asassin bars. I'd they have the poly bushing in the bar, they are Competition Engineering Slide-A-Links.

If you have an A body the part number is C2091 (IIRC) and you can down load the info on them from the CE website.

BTW, you can tell the Asassin bars because they don't have the bushing in them (like a cal trac) and they have a bolt that goes through the leaf spring. Again, IIRC.

EDIT: just pulled up a couple of pics of the Asassin bars. They also have way more adjustment then anything like them. I thought you had to drill a small hole in the spring, but I couldn't see that in the pics.

Those things are pretty damn cool.

I thought you had to drill a small hole in the spring, but I couldn't see that in the pics.
Correct, the transfer bracket requires a locating pin be installed through the leaf. They do seem like nice bars and I wanted them for my truck, but they never responded to repeated requests for info about their product. Made me a little wary.

I have no direct experience but from what I have read, where the Cal Tracks can sometimes bend and also bent the leaf springs, the Assassin Bars will not.

I'm not racing my car so I'm going to sell
247-2100.jpg
mine.

Correct, the transfer bracket requires a locating pin be installed through the leaf. They do seem like nice bars and I wanted them for my truck, but they never responded to repeated requests for info about their product. Made me a little wary.

I know they usually call you back. IIRC, it's a couple of brothers that own the shop and they do more than those bars. They are pretty busy.

I'm not asking anything. The OP said he's going to sell them and said their assassin bars but posted a picture of a slide-a-link bar. I was informing him that their not the same thing
I was asking him what he wanted for them. he replied in a pm.

Sometimes it hard to reply on here without quoting someone.....I've done it a many a times....LOL

Sometimes it hard to reply on here without quoting someone.....I've done it a many a times....LOL
I understand. Bob just made a mistake by quoting me when he meant to quote you. It threw me at first and that's why I replied in post #11 like I did

Anyone running these? I have a set but no instructions with them. Mine have a poly bushing in between the bar running from front to rear.
I got a set of these for my 65 dart that will have a 440-auto-dana-after all the bars I looked at these seemed to be the best for function-have not yet installed them yet but when you do use grade 8 u bolts or titainum cause all the shock load goes right to the u-bolts I think they will work as well as a 4 link

Talk to Assassin today and they said that there bars are made for a thousand horsepower and if you're running 400 to 500 horsepower no need to drill the hole in the spring. They did say the more the horsepower the better they work they're located in Dallas Texas they sell for $339 plus shipping

Talk to Assassin today and they said that there bars are made for a thousand horsepower and if you're running 400 to 500 horsepower no need to drill the hole in the spring. They did say the more the horsepower the better they work they're located in Dallas Texas they sell for $339 plus shipping

Damn, that's a pretty swanky price.

After discussions, debates, conversations, research, and measurements, I have just ordered a pair of the Smith Racecraft Assassin bars. On my 70 440+6bbl 5 speed Roadrunner, I wanted to see what the ground clearance would be.
Caltracs are 5" down from the front leaf spring eye, Assassins are 4½" down, and the low profile Caltracs are 3½" down, so I'm ½" more ground clearance than the regular Caltracs, and 1" less clearance than the low profile Caltracs.
I'm pretty sure my header collectors/Doug's electronic cutouts would scrape first.

-
Back