At home service glass people

-
Appreciate the help guys. Remembering that it’s a gasket style, I’ll ask some local Porsche Friends. They get glued in with a gasket too, could have luck there

I know how to do the glass in the gasket, but I admit it ain't always easy forme and the wife, we are old. By the time I have that AMD 64 Belvedere windshield in my hands, $285, plus $75 crate, plus $150 freight. I got the last one unless Kramer has some and if he does, he will triple the costs!
I felt better having the glass guy that has been doing this 40 years and give him $125 for him and his helper to come to my place. We had to postpone it a couple days, his helper came close to a heat stroke.
How do you do it? Is it roped in?

On mine we put the gasket on the car, then placed the glass on top of it, nudge glass up and work the bottom in, then with plastic sticks rolled the gasket out and over the glass. It will probably take some slapping the glass to get it to drop in, I helped someone that has done it, would I do it myself, probably not.

Alan

Sounds a bit like a porsche glass actually. I wanted to try it with lexan and run the same trim

Get that real good glass cleaner and spray a lot on gasket. You can use a horse hoof pick to help it in, BUT you would be safer with a plastic stick!!!!! Some go in fairly easy and theres others that a lot of massaging by@ guys with those suction cups! The lock strip is part of the gasket. NEW gasket!

Safelite is a ripoff. Called them for a windshield for my 64 Valiant. Cash and carry. They quoted around $500. Called another local glass shop and got a price of less then $160 delivered to my house. This was about 2 years ago. Same place came to my house, replaced the windshield in my 88 D-150 for less then $200

Get that real good glass cleaner and spray a lot on gasket. You can use a horse hoof pick to help it in, BUT you would be safer with a plastic stick!!!!! Some go in fairly easy and theres others that a lot of massaging by@ guys with those suction cups! The lock strip is part of the gasket. NEW gasket!

I ask because I have helped install windows on older Porsches. So this seams fairly fairly easy. My question is, can the trim be installed after and what are your thoughts about installing a plexiglass in place of the glass one

-
Back