at just the right moment pictures you took

-

aengineguy

Reaction score
Been wanting to start this for a while. Was on a tiger cruise with my son quite a few years ago. He was a Master Helmsman on a nuclear cruiser. I was on the bridge with him, the captain was sitting next to me. They had an exercise whereby a drone going over at greater than mach speed went overhead and they were to shoot it down. I clicked the picture with my Nikon loaded with Ectachrome 400, just as I saw something happening in the missile. My son and I were not able to process the film till about a week later. Stunning!
Surface to Air.jpg

Verry cool! Had my dad on a tiger cruise he loved it hated the racks though. 6'5"

Been wanting to start this for a while. Was on a tiger cruise with my son quite a few years ago. He was a Master Helmsman on a nuclear cruiser. I was on the bridge with him, the captain was sitting next to me. They had an exercise whereby a drone going over at greater than mach speed went overhead and they were to shoot it down. I clicked the picture with my Nikon loaded with Ectachrome 400, just as I saw something happening in the missile. My son and I were not able to process the film till about a week later. Stunning!View attachment 1714944844
Nuclear Cruiser? Holy saltwater fatman!
That was a long time ago.

You must be a great guy to raise a good son. Tell him thanks for serving!

Nuclear Cruiser? Holy saltwater fatman!
That was a long time ago.

You must be a great guy to raise a good son. Tell him thanks for serving!
Thanks greymouser7. Going on 20 years ago. He was the last one to steer the ship into its final port and put it in PARK, where it was dismantled. There was talk at that time to put the entire bridge in one of the large museums, but never came about. Before I got off the ship the captain gave me his ball cap, scrambled eggs and all. I wore it for probably 5 years.

My son was born at Marine Corps Air Station Cherry Point, NC when I was in the Marines. My father was on the Aircraft Carrier, USS Bennington during Korea and worked on Corsairs, Panthers, Banshees and Skyraiders, so it kind of runs in the blood. I will extend my thanks to my son.

-
Back