Ati balancer

-

73smallblock

Reaction score
Does anyone know what ati balancer that will work with stock crank pulley and have the correct offset? Looking to switch to one and they have many options listed on summit with mixed reviews on the offset. For a small block with internal balance.

How about more information? Engine, transmission, type of driving, etc. The crystal ball isn't working today.

How about more information? Engine, transmission, type of driving, etc. The crystal ball isn't working today.
Sorry but didn't think any other info was relevant for changing the harmonic balancer. It's a racecar (drag) that's why it's in the racer forum. 727 trans but again what does that have to do with the balancer? As stated above small block, 360 based.

Can’t help you. Need tire height and gear ratio. Headers? Help me help you.

:rofl:

My suggestion is if your RPM range is below 8500, the Fluidamper and the Innovators West dampers are much more effective. Once you get over that 8500ish RPM range then the ATI is more effective.

My suggestion is if your RPM range is below 8500, the Fluidamper and the Innovators West dampers are much more effective. Once you get over that 8500ish RPM range then the ATI is more effective.
I will look into that. Are the newer Fluidamper's fixed for pulley alignment? The older ones where spaced out about a 1/4in. Never looked into the innovators west. I don't recall seeing them in summit. I have a trick flow one now but it's not marked every 90* and the paint came off with brake clean. The engine really never sees even 7000rpm.

I will look into that. Are the newer Fluidamper's fixed for pulley alignment? The older ones where spaced out about a 1/4in. Never looked into the innovators west. I don't recall seeing them in summit. I have a trick flow one now but it's not marked every 90* and the paint came off with brake clean. The engine really never sees even 7000rpm.

Yes. All the new FD’s have a recessed face so factory pulleys line up.

I have a ATI damper on my Barracuda. I used a pre ‘69 two grove crank pulley (they are 1/2” shorter) to align with the ‘70 and up pulleys. The main problem was having the machinist hone it to fit.

Last edited:
I have an ati on my 470 but haven't got around to the pulleys yet. I have to either build or buy a .250 spacer. I'm also using a engine plate for my dart.

I have an ati on my 470 but haven't got around to the pulleys yet. I have to either build or buy a .250 spacer. I'm also using a engine plate for my dart.
So the need for your spacer is to compensate for the motor plate? The only belt on my setup is for a alternator. I have had belt issues in the past and finally have the alignment good would just hate to mess it up. It's a gm style power master mounted on the left side(driver) of the engine.

So the need for your spacer is to compensate for the motor plate? The only belt on my setup is for a alternator. I have had belt issues in the past and finally have the alignment good would just hate to mess it up. It's a gm style power master mounted on the left side(driver) of the engine.
Yes just to space out for plate. I would give them a call and ask for their recommendation.

I don't have the part number you are looking for, but I'll share my experience with my ATI super damper. When I purchased mine I decided to go with a small block Chevy pulley pattern, thinking I would have a LOT more choices in pulleys to get it just right (this is what my friends talked me into at the time).....when I got it I realized that small block Chevy pulleys don't have a big fat hole in the center to clear the crank bolt (which is needed on a Mopar):BangHead:. Live and learn....no biggie, I made it work in the end with some home made spacers to clear the crank bolt.

I don't have the part number you are looking for, but I'll share my experience with my ATI super damper. When I purchased mine I decided to go with a small block Chevy pulley pattern, thinking I would have a LOT more choices in pulleys to get it just right (this is what my friends talked me into at the time).....when I got it I realized that small block Chevy pulleys don't have a big fat hole in the center to clear the crank bolt (which is needed on a Mopar):BangHead:. Live and learn....no biggie, I made it work in the end with some home made spacers to clear the crank bolt.
That's good to know because I was considering doing that to be able to possibly run a crank trigger in the future.

I wasn't overly concerned about the price. Like you said, buy once cry once. I'm just watching to see what multiple people say about things.

I went round and round with a former unspeakable member here (YR) about which damper to run on my 340 he ported the heads and intake for. Only two he would, does and have run are the Fluidamper and the Innov West. So I got the Innov West to be going on very shortly with my engine refresh.

Thanks for everyone's opinions. I ordered the innovators west one with the flying magnet. Just going to do a crank trigger while I'm at it.

-
Back