George Jets

1967 Dart 2 Door
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Atlas V Rocket Launch 3/1/22

Screenshot_20220301-174341_Gallery.jpg

Lifted off today at 4:45
At Cape Canaveral launch site Florida.

Pictures taken 60 miles South of the launch in the city of Palm Bay.

Picture Perfect

Screenshot_20220301-172249_Gallery.jpg

Pat Rocket Launch 3-1-22.jpg

Screenshot_20220301-165714_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220301-172455_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220301-172155_Gallery.jpg

(turning on full power) ^^^

Screenshot_20220301-172110_Gallery.jpg

Good Times !

☆☆☆☆☆

Wife and I watched it on Cocoa Beach. We have really lucked out on seeing launches as one has gone up every time we have been here. This was one of the better ones to watch as it arced out in front of us more than most in the past.

Jack

Wife and I watched it on Cocoa Beach. We have really lucked out on seeing launches as one has gone up every time we have been here. This was one of the better ones to watch as it arced out in front of us more than most in the past.

Jack

Good for you Jack, yes for sure that was one of the better ones to view.

Glad you got to take it in.

Been to a few launch veiwings there at Cocoa Beach on the North side of the pier on the beach.

WG-CCBP-SIGNATURE-JULY-2017-final-c4575cac0ef4816_c4575f87-d8a8-97c1-5208cb7e5bea1faf.jpg

Great place to vew it from.

☆☆☆☆☆

Good for you Jack, yes for sure that was one of the better ones to view.

Glad you got to take it in.

Been to a few launch veiwings there at Cocoa Beach on the North side of the pier on the beach.

View attachment 1715879956

Great place to vew it from.

☆☆☆☆☆

If that picture was taken today we would have been in it.

Jack

Vandenberg launch last year at about 6pm. We were at a high school football game and the high contrail caught the set sun rays and really lit it up. Looked very cool. It went dead south, not sure they all go that route. Think it was an internet satellite launch.

I was driving back from Vero and noticed it on the way up. I was surprised. The flame is very bright even in the day time.

Ain't that thing headed towards Russia?

Atlas V Rocket Launch 3/1/22

View attachment 1715879942

Lifted off today at 4:45
At Cape Canaveral launch site Florida.

Pictures taken 60 miles South of the launch in the city of Palm Bay.

Picture Perfect

View attachment 1715879936

View attachment 1715879937

View attachment 1715879945

View attachment 1715879938

View attachment 1715879939
(turning on full power) ^^^

View attachment 1715879943

Good Times !

☆☆☆☆☆
Hope you don't mind George, but your photos were better than mine so I used yours on my faceplant post.

Jack

ULA is going to try and harm my concrete at SLC6 Vandenberg with a Titan IV on 8/01/22. SLC6 is so far down the beach from a public vantage point it's difficult to see until the bird is half mile in the sky. They close roads and evacuate areas down range. AMTRAK and Southern Pacific RR gets all messed up on launch days since the tracks are on base property for 20? miles or so and within a half mile of 4 launch complexes I can think of.

Last edited:
Here is a Video of the Launch from Cocoa Beech

Atlas V GOES-T Launch From Cocoa Beach in 4k
(loud wind warning) 3-1-22

Sorry guy's, I was flying home yesterday so didn't get a chance to check in. I don't see anybody that looks familiar in the photos but I would have been a little further to the left and closer to the pier. I was staying at the Best Western.

Jack

Always amazed at those rockets going up, such a modern miracle.

Every time one goes up, it's like Wow!

Here is a shot of a rocket launch about 4 years ago taken from the North side of the Cocoa Beach Pier on the beach there using a Cannon Digital hand held camera and a telephoto lens on an evening launch.

The upper part of this photo is the actual rocket flame trail, and the rest of the photo is actually a blur effect of the hand held camera as it is hard to hold it steady following at that much altitude and speed at the time of the picture. Rocket was traveling close to mach 3 at the time of the picture.

Interestingly enough the shake of the camera drew out the silhouette of an American Eagle.

I think there is hope for us after all as there is an American Eagle watching over us all.

upload_2022-3-3_18-38-5.jpeg

Yes I enjoy amateur photography too.

May not see any Atlas V launches for a while as Russia has stopped shipments of their RD-180 engine which powers the first stage of the Atlas V.
Don't know if we have any on hand or a replacement available.

May not see any Atlas V launches for a while as Russia has stopped shipments of their RD-180 engine which powers the first stage of the Atlas V.
Don't know if we have any on hand or a replacement available.

The Atlas 5 that went up was built by ULA United Launch Alliance, this one had 4 solid booster that dropped off as the rocket was going out of site. They will have to switch over to the Falcon 9 Rocket built by SpaceX with the reusable first stage that they land back near the launch pad, or land back to the floating barge out in the ocean. Reusable parts, just as well.

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.trbimg.jpg

Very large and expensive 1st Stage that they are able to Recycle and Reuse multiple times

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse3.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.jpg

-
Back