Aussie 68 valiant sedan build, blow through small block!!

-

wardy

Reaction score
Hey all, haven't posted on here yet but thought I'd share my latest project to break the ice

1968 ve valiant sedan.. Basic rundown.
360ci small block chrysler.
Basic rebuild with a decent set of pistons
Off the shelf hydro cam
Arp studs throughout
New water/high volume oil pump blah blah
650 double pumper modded myself
Extreme velocity carb hat
Mopar m1 manifold
044 pump and aeromotive reg
75mm gt42 60mm gate
eBay block huggers and custom turbo manifold 3.5-4" exhaust
Frontmount
9" diff with around 3.25 gears, 31 spline axles 904 auto, built, 3500 stall
Widened wheel tubs
Springs moved inline with chassis
CL/cm front brakes
Resprayed white
Reverse cowl scoop
Retrim interior to standard, bench seat and all (until it needs to go)
Pro stick shifter and a few guages

I'm sure there will be more along the way. Plan is to run a 275 radial and run 10s driving to and from the track.. 9's if all goes well Here's a few pics ranging from when I got it a month ago to now... Enjoy Wardy

null_zps021c49e3.jpg

null_zps237d4e2e.jpg

null_zps93fd79c3.jpg

null_zpsa7e5fda3.jpg

null_zps070751ce.jpg

null_zps27f7e302.jpg

null_zps53c277a7.jpg

null_zpsd85107d2.jpg

null_zps33601b31.jpg

null_zps0c474876.jpg

null_zpsba635436.jpg

null_zps2ccf8175.jpg

null_zps40e177ad.jpg

null_zpsbe05d6e1.jpg

null_zpsbeb8be40.jpg

null_zpsaff8f5f8.jpg

null_zps4b0d7081.jpg

null_zpsdaf3381d.jpg

null_zpsadca5bf0.jpg

null_zpsbe6f8cda.jpg

null_zpsb1bb0507.jpg

null_zpsf9f3f8cf.jpg

null_zps664fc7f4.jpg

null_zps38590d35.jpg

null_zpsa0d33a92.jpg

null_zps5edc338f.jpg

null_zpsc825b76a.jpg

null_zpsbb040083.jpg

null_zps7ca32ca0.jpg

null_zps80aeafad.jpg

null_zpsb83b6395.jpg

null_zps02f227a1.jpg

null_zps29c3f9ca.jpg

Very nizzze, greatly thought out and learning from this build. Subscribed :thumblef::coffee2::coffee2:

Very cool concept and design! Welcome to the site too!

What was the original engine? I'm not used to seeing six cylinders in Mopars unless they lean. This must be an Aussie engine. Is this what they consider half a hemi?

Very cool concept and design! Welcome to the site too!

What was the original engine? I'm not used to seeing six cylinders in Mopars unless they lean. This must be an Aussie engine. Is this what they consider half a hemi?

The Australian A-Bodies came with inline 6-cylinder engines as well as our typical small blocks (primarily 318s). I'm not sure, but there were 215ci, 245ci, and a 265ci inlines some of which were Hemi's. Not sure if there was a smaller engine or if the slant six was used in the Valiants.

Cool build! I always thought the VH Valiant and Valiant Chargers were pretty neat. I would sure as like to own one some day. :D

Thanks everyone! Been browsing through the forum for a while now, there is loads of great info!

The car I'm building was originally equipped with a 160hp 225ci slant. But was changed out before I got it to a 265ci hemi and bw auto.

The hemi 6's were available down here In 215, 245 and 265 ci as said before

That right hand drive always throws me off lol...sweet looking build!!!! :glasses7:

I'm loving what I'm seeing!! Especially that turbo piping.....pure art! I'm here for the long-haul!

Only a small update this week, but it's an update none the less!!

Spun up some alloy bosses for my engine plate. Found some random nolethane bushes lying around that will be perfect! I'll get the plate trimmed up and the hole for the water pump cut out.
null_zps1400d067.jpg
null_zps1115b222.jpg

Got my wheel tubs tacked in, they line up pretty well, have a few gaps to fill up because I was stupid and rushed a bit... Learn from mistakes
null_zps3b320538.jpg
null_zpsbe3900b1.jpg
null_zps989711cb.jpg

Levelled up the engine to mock up the plate
null_zps8c8af879.jpg

And lastly rust repairs!!! My most hated job, but I figured I had the welder fired up so may as well get a bit done. I ran out of steel so the rest will be finished through the week
null_zps93dd02bd.jpg
null_zpsc8bc0a00.jpg

Plans for the next fortnight, finish all metal work, buy and fit radiator and intercooler. Get engine plate finished and fit mounts to chassis. Fit up carb hat and fab up 3" alloy piping.

Cool mate, lovin this thread, more pics and less chit chat, ha ha
haha cheers mate.. heres some more pics to wet your whistle

busy day today!
got my alloy bosses welded into the engine plate, made up the mounts and all that's left is to weld them to the chassis rails.. atleast the engine is sitting in position..

mounted up my cooler and started running the piping, it all fits behind the bumper and grille. just waiting on a couple of other silicone joiners to finish I off

and also finished off my hotside piping.. finished welding the crossover. and made up the wastegate pipe. The outlet of the wastegate will exit through a hole in the inner guard. But if I get sick of that it can be turned around to route it back into the dump pipe.

And finally a overhead shot I took whilst turning the compressor off.. I thought it was cool

I planned on getting the dump pipe done tomorrow but the pipe I had thinking it was 4" turns out to be 3.5! not happy.... so that will have to wait till during the week.
enjoy

Rear spring relocation boxes will be made before the weekend, also have the material for the chassis connectors.

Picking up my paint on Saturday. Just need to finish the cooler piping and the engine bay can be stripped ready for prep/paint.

Should have a set of wheels in a couple of weeks, 15x10 on the rear with 275/60 et streets. In a low 3 3/8" backspace, should look tough. 15x4 on the pointy end.

Sourcing a 9" centre as we speak, them the housing and axles can be shortened.

Fun times ahead, more pics soon

Wardy

that 68 aussie rear section is by far the best looking read of any abody. I wish I coulj just graft one on to my scamp.

COOL build. Cant wait to see more

Thanks guys. I also love the rear of the 68 valiant, one of the main reasons I like them.. Also a fan of 4 doors over the coupes.

Thanks for the compliments

Man wardy I like what I see keep up the awesome work. Also id love to get my hands on one of them hemi6 there's only so much one can get out of a slant even forced inducted :prayer:
Aaron

Man wardy I like what I see keep up the awesome work. Also id love to get my hands on one of them hemi6 there's only so much one can get out of a slant even forced inducted :prayer:
Aaron

Thanks Aaron, muchly appreciated!

There are plenty of hemi6 engines kicking around down here, if your ever in the position to get one and can justify paying shipping let me know and I may be able to help out

Not a great deal to update..

Good days work today, got my spring boxes made up and in, also made up and fitted the chassis connectors. They are both tied in together so it should stiffen it up good.

Will get a bit more metal work done tomorrow and the body is ready to be blocked back for paint!

I'll let the photos do the talking

null_zps14cfb4a5.jpg

null_zps9f225cbb.jpg

null_zps3a27e528.jpg

null_zps2559f8ce.jpg

null_zps3b3bf0a3.jpg

null_zps2364bbcf.jpg

null_zpsd1f79660.jpg

null_zps9d9c27a7.jpg

-
Back