Aussie 68 valiant sedan build, blow through small block!!

-
The new engine is a fortnight away, slowest 2 weeks of my life lol.
But I got a few little, but fun jobs done over the weekend.
JW bell and miloden sump will be here this week. also scored an empty powerglide case for mockup.
Motor plate is on its way to me too.. so hopefully ill have everything I need to fit up when the engine arrives

first post on fabo, just wanted to say this car is an inspiration and i'm definitely going to follow this thread, however late i am getting here.

Thanks a lot for the kind words guys! Appreciate it

A few shiny parts turned up today, engine and motor plate should be here late this week/early next. So it will be getting serious then

Few update pics, have the engine and box in for their first dummy fitment. Will hopefully get it final mounted over the weekend.

Still debating on a turbo setup, all depends what class I want to race in..

Have my dash 90% done, made a racepak template to get all the spacings right before buying one

Spent today fitting up the engine and getting all the mounts done.

I was lucky enough that the mounts I welded on for the old setup lined up somewhat and just needed a tweak to work, my brake master clears, sump is 1/2" off the K frame. Modified and boxed up The standard TF gearbox crossmember.
Set engine/trans to 3 degrees down. I bolted up the billet alternator bracket. And it looks like a set of down and forward headers will actually work.. which will be WAAAY easier to make. Happy days

Next up... Headers, turbo placement, W2A fitment and cold side piping. Look like the bank account will be getting a raping lol

Turbos turned up! Got them dummy fitted into position and ready to make up some manifolds.. Have also organised some billet wheels which should get the huffing a bit more.
2000hp water to air cooler ordered, will be mounted under the dash, then cold side piping can be done.

Inlet manifold is ordered, will make an elbow when it arrives.
Cage pads are made up ready to be welded in, then to make up the moly bolt in 6 point.

Haha yeh I've been slacking in the update department.

A quick rundown of what is happening. The twin turbos are ditched, got an offer from the US I couldn't refuse, so have a gt47/precision 80mm hybrid bolted up. Headers are made. Intake piping.

Manifold and throttle mocked up. Rear wheels are here and just waiting for tyres. Flat trunk floor and fuel cell will be mounted this week. Sizing the front up for a radiator.

Also have my front kirkeys, so some mounts will be made up for those soon

More pics in the next fortnight Wardy

Will be running a haltech ps2000. Was thinking of running a holley dominator but would rather the local tech support with the haltech

Well, well, well, so this is where you've been hiding mate! Moonlighting over on the other site I see. Lol!!

Good stuff Wardy.

Well, well, well, so this is where you've been hiding mate! Moonlighting over on the other site I see. Lol!!

Good stuff Wardy.

haha.. thanks mate. Definitely not hiding, been a bit slack on the forums as of late.
im keen to see some progress on your machine on H6P

Mate, my build thread will be up very soon. I've had some distractions of late but the build is forging ahead in the background. Got some surprises too.

Keep up the great work. Our northern hemisphere friends will love what you're doing to the VE.

ah im getting excited now!! hurry up and get your build back up haha.
I know what you mean by distractions, been flat out at work, moving house and have been finalising plans to open up my own shop :)

I hope they like it, its a first for Australia really.. so im getting a fair amount of attention here.

-
Back