Aussie VC 67 Dodge ute

-
How about Aussie Mopars from the past (60's - present).
I can't remember seeing any.
Car shows?
Thanks
think the newest Mopar I've heard about would be the 1976 Charger that keeps on being advertised for sale. You would need to check the current regs with your local/state rego authority I would think.

Another good day today. Plenum all welded back in it’s exact original location. A pillar patches all prepped and ready to go. Next weekend should see all that section completed!

44.jpg

45.jpg

46.jpg

47.jpg

48.jpg

So, I see you've done completely away with any fresh air from the cowl. Are you planning on supplying it from somewhere else? btw, I like what you've done. Very clean!

I'm changing the lower A pillars so the blockage from factory will be gone. The small amount of fresh air that will come in from the wiper arm holes will then pass up the A pillars and into the cabin. Effectively becoming flow through ventilation. Vintage air is also fitted and as it doesn't require outside air, and I needed the space for electrics/electronics the space for the vents is used for that!

I'm changing the lower A pillars so the blockage from factory will be gone. The small amount of fresh air that will come in from the wiper arm holes will then pass up the A pillars and into the cabin. Effectively becoming flow through ventilation. Vintage air is also fitted and as it doesn't require outside air, and I needed the space for electrics/electronics the space for the vents is used for that!
Blockage? I'm not familiar with that. Enlighten me please?

where the A pillar meets the upper plenum there's a joint. That joint has a tab the connects the upper and lower plenum creating a blockage to air flow up the A pillar as normally it's not needed because of the foot vent & heater. My new A pillar sections mate to the plenum cover and the A pillar is open to the plenum. Air can now flow up the A pillars and into the cabin creating flow through ventilation, all be it a small flow.

49 for forum.jpg

A quick update, I've spent the last three weekends block sanding the hood and setting it up. It's now gapped and sits flush with the plenum and guards. It's in it's first light coat of primer just to seal things up. Not great pics as it was sunset and taken with a flash, but I'll get better images this weekend.

104.jpg

105.jpg

106.jpg

107.jpg

108.jpg

While the ute is to be just a drive car, I like to finish things as best I can. With the torsion bars & large factory hinges gone there’s a gapping great hole left. The end of the plenum isn’t the most attract thing so I made panels to fill in that section.

1.1.jpg

2.1.jpg

3.1.jpg

2.1.jpg

3.jpg

4.1.jpg

5.1.jpg

6.1.jpg

I like the idea of the filler panels. I will have to see if I could incorporate them with what I’m doing. I used the original hinges but instead of torsion bars, i used hydraulic lifts - i stole the idea from another member’s 66 Dart

Next test item for the engine bay. The utes have a large ugly reinforcement on the inner guard and an “in your face” shock absorber mounted through the guard as well. Made a pair of covers to hide the ugly’s. Not sure if I’m happy with them or am I over thinking it. Once painted body colour and the right hand one partly hidden under the brake master cylinder I don’t think they will be as noticeable!

19.1.jpg

19.jpg

20.1.jpg

20.2.jpg

20.jpg

How would that attach in such a way as you can remove it to change shocks? I like it, but if you could make it shorter, I think it would look more natural.

They are held in place by being tight fitting around that upper reinforcing to locate them, and rare earth magnets to clamp in place. The height is the thing I don't like, they need to be slimmer. The part over the shock mount is almost as low as I can get it unless I shorten the bolt. The rest can be made closer to the body line which would make them less obvious! Others have said better to remain stock but once all the imperfections around them are fixed those reinforcing's are going to standout even more!

22.jpg

21.jpg

While I’ve been off with Covid I’ve been looking at paint options. I’m using styling cues from US Mopar muscle car era. My photo editing software allows me to bucket fill area’s with colour but it fills in blocks according to the shade of the original, so it kind of gives contour lines! It’s a bit crudely done but it gives an idea of where I’m going. Final colour will be the bright orange as used on the Aussie Chargers. I wanted a blacked-out bonnet but it needed some body colour. Other question is, gloss or satin black? Here’s what I’ve come up with. There are 3 numbered images with different spacings to the stripes. Which do you think looks best?

143.jpg

142.jpg

137.jpg

139.jpg

140.jpg

141.jpg

Didn't get anything done on the Dodge over the holidays, too busy building the frame for a large outdoor cat run. I did get my new LED headlights just before Christmas. The second version of my shock mount/suspension reinforcement covers are in primer. They are much lower than the first version, so once everything else is smoothed and painted they should blend in nicely!

HEADLIGHT 1.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

I’ve been very busy the last few weeks with door modification. This is a sacrificial door bought just for testing ideas. These include, auto power windows for full length glass. Puddle lights, illuminated late model interior door handles. Illuminated exterior handles when alarm/central locking is deactivated. Many people complain these power window kits aren’t powerful enough. They are if they don’t have to fight friction from bad installation!
I posted all the images in Mopar body & trim section as Fitting aftermarket power windows.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

6.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

15.jpg

19.jpg

-
Back