Auto Parts Store Gold.

-

superchargeddrt

Reaction score
My Buddy Larry has been trying desperately to get a right front wheel cylinder for his '64 Barracuda with no luck. Everybody says they have it but it turns out to be for 10" brakes and made in China junk. We called a small speed shop near me and look at the major made in USA score. 2 Mopar upper ball joints, 1 Mopar wheel cylinder and 1 Moog (made in Canada) outer tie rod. That's what I'm talking about.
IMG_20190525_131741574.jpg

So the wheel cylinder he needed was for 9" brakes, right? The only trouble I had was the first one I got it had the bolt holes in the cylinder, but they weren't threaded. <rolls eyes> Had another one the next day.

But that's a dang good score!

So the wheel cylinder he needed was for 9" brakes, right? The only trouble I had was the first one I got it had the bolt holes in the cylinder, but they weren't threaded. <rolls eyes> Had another one the next day.

But that's a dang good score!
Yep 9" brakes,
Every time you talk to one of these kids at the parts store, you have to tell them "that's 9 inch brakes that's one less than 10 and one more than 8 and maybe they'll get it right. LOL

I had trouble getting wheel cylinders locally for my 9" brakes a few years ago. None of the parts store had them, they showed a price and part number but they couldn't get them. I ended up getting them from rock auto... But they were for 10" brakes!

In the end, I found a shop locally that rebuilt them.

rebuilding them is not hard.

you just need a $15 hone and the $5 or less kits.

...and all the new ones I've bought have had either metric bleeder screws or tiny passages between the flare fitting and the bore. I mean TINY, like 1/4 the size of the OEM.

Yep 9" brakes,
Every time you talk to one of these kids at the parts store, you have to tell them "that's 9 inch brakes that's one less than 10 and one more than 8 and maybe they'll get it right. LOL

You can even have a half intelligent counter-man and still have the same troubles.

I spray-painted some pennies for my daughter’s leprechaun school project.

Silver pennies look like dimes and nickels.

It is a tiny bit evil, but I am paying for small items with these silver pennies in my change.

Those working registers that are turds (really dumb turds) might get silver pennies-just to watch their confusion.

I miss people like Rob working counters-people that are competent to handle transactions and needs of the customer.

Yep 9" brakes,
Yeah, but they are " on it" when it comes to making sure you get all the little packets of lube and such that you "need" from that rack next to the register! :rolleyes:

Nice score! I had a hard time finding front WC (11X3 drums) for my Roadrunner last summer. Lots of Chinese bullshit out there. I found nos WC after a search.

-
Back