Average age of Mopar Maniacs.

How old / young are you?

• Total voters
-
My first Mopar was a 77 Gran Fury. Loved that car. Brought it for a few hundred bucks and beat the heck out of it. Had it about as quick as the 1984 Mustangs till 50--60 mph and it was good for 115, just had duals and a re-worked 2bbl

Was the prefect car for me in my early 20's. Once I rammed a tree while backing up--was half drunk, just pushed the bumper in a ways, all lights still worked and it woke my butt up I need to watch my drinking.

Today's cars, UGH,tail lights would had been damage and I might even got more then a sore back-neck. Heck the frame might been bent, lol I hit it hard--no pictures, life before pictures wasmore easy going

I guess I'm one of the youngin's at 19 years old...I'm still driving my first car: 1974 Duster that I put a 360 in last summer, replacing the 225.

Im 49 my first car was a 69 Buick Special that I bought from my aunt when I was 15,for 35.00.When I got my liscense I proceded to wreck it .My broad a 66 NewYorker 440/727 that he had wrecked already,I bought a 70 RR with spun bearing and put the 440 from the NewYorker in it.Been hooked ever since.Ive had 70 Road Runner, 69 Swinger 340-4 speed 8.75 /3:55(wish I still had it),74 Cuda 318-3 speed in floor,76 Cordoba 400-727 factory ratchet shifter in console,86 D 100 slant 6 auto,2001 Ram 1500 318 auto with all the bells and whistles(has a little over 200,000 and needs tranny).Ihave had several off brands too thru out the years,Currently I have a 69 Dart Custom with 225/904/7.25 with p/s and air.....................................Jeff

I'm still squeeking into the 31-40 crowd for another 5 months. My Dad had a 69 Super Bee, I got to ride in it a few times as a new baby back in '71. It was shortly after it was traded for something more suitable to a family.
My first Mopar was at 18, a '74 Dart Swinger, a real pile of crap. But at the time I loved it. At 20 I got my '73 Dart Sport, an original 340-4 Speed care but with a 318 Auto by the time I got it. Built a very strong 360/904 combo for the street that I had fun with. Sold it like a dummy in 2001. Got back into the Mopar scene in Jan of last year with the purchase of my Demon project.

I will be in with the 41-50 crowd in October. The first car I bought at age 13 for $25.00 was a big pile of crap 63 VW bug that lasted about 3 weeks. The next car at age 15 was Pontiac LeMans GT37(wish I still had that one). The first Mopar I ever owned I bought at age 16 was a 73 Road Runner then a 67 Dart GT the following year, both of which I still own to this day. Its been Mopar ever since

Now I guess I'm the youngset here 17, my first car that I still have is my 1974 Dart Swinger with a 225 /6.

I'll be 44 next week. Born and raise in a Mopar family. My dad was a Mechanic and Service manager in Dodge and Plymouth dealerships since before I was born. I remember being a kid and going to the shop with him and seeing all the cool cars...my dad had a hemi charger when I was a kid and what an impression that left ! I bought my '70 340 Swinger in 1985 and owned it for 25 years before I sold it to a fellow member here. I have owned over 2 dozen mopars since getting my license, including 3 hemicars and 2 six pack cars.

34, Bought my first Mopar in 96 when I was 18 for $1800. The good old days.

Attachments

• 2037.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 369
I turned 65 last month. Seems like I got here really fast. First car was a 55 buick, then I got a 59 Chevy impala Convert, traded that in on a 65 Falcom Sprint convert but couldnt handle the payment and ins so traded it in on a 59 Plymouth Fury. I was in the Air Force and driving to my new assignment and the motor started knocking. I pulled into a service station and the guy said it sounded like a rod bearing to him. I asked him if it would make it 1000 miles. he laughed and said "probably not, but don't push it" . I had no money and was due at the base so I pressed on driving real easy. the old Plymouth made it and I drove it another month while I saved the money for new rod bearings. A friend of mine showed me how to change them out in the parking lot and the Plymouth rocked on for another two years until i bought a 62 Dodge max wedge. Been a Mopar guy ever since

I'm 60 and my first car I got in 1970 and it was a 1964 Dodge Polara 500 with a 318 poly. In feb. of 1971 I bought a new Duster 340 and have been hooked on A-Bodies since.

Attachments

• 1964-dodge-polara-pic-22837.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 381
I'm 15 and slowly getting my '74 Duster road worthy. I just gotta have it ready by at least July so I can enjoy it a little before we really tear into it through the winter.

I am 63 and still have the 67 GTS I bought new with my Dad signing with me. Paid $2800 for it from Carl Price Lincoln,Mercury,Dodge in Jasper, Al and payments were $101.00 per month. Bought the 67 GT about 3 years ago and turned it into the "decoy" for the GTS. Also have another 67 GT with 54,000 mi that needs a restore, 69 4 door Dart with 48,000 mi for parts, 75 Valiant, 98 3500 V10 dually and 2001 2500 with Cummins. When I was in 5th grade my Dad had me drive his 53 Dodge pickup about 10 mi to some farm land which was about 1/4mi from school. Had to cross 4 lane highway and I was by myself. Grew up on farm so I started driving in hay fields at early age. Always had Dodge's and expect to continue,Joe

Probably mostly in the 55-60 age group- the ones who were teenagers or early 20's back when Mopar ruled the streets and the tracks. Then probably the 35-45 group who were the children of those guys and took an interest, and I'm seeing a rise in youngsters in the teens-20's who are probably their children.
I'm 40, but didn't get the Mopar bug from my parents.

I will be 52 in May..I bought my first Mopar in 1976, A 70 duster with a full tilt 60 over 12 1/2 to 1 TA 340 4 speed...What a beast.I got the disease when I was around 6 yrs old when my bro started taking me to Sac raceway and I fell in love with Landy's cars and a local guy Lee Cameron with the PDQ Dodge.It was fantastic to have been able to see all the big boys..Garlits,prudhomme,sox & martin,pure hell,warlock,winged express...ect.I remember riding around in straight axle cars, Hemi cars and so on.Well now days my 60 yr old bro has a sweet little 65 Barracuda.and I have a few Mopars still to feed my addiction.

40 years old. My son is six and watches his mopar dvd just about every other week! My second car was a '73 charger, 318 auto-bought it from my sister when I was 17. I've owned 16 or 17 A-bodies since then ( most were parts cars though )

Born and raised on Mopars since 1962,...Came home after bein born in a 60 Belvedere,...Just turned 50 a month ago,...Been wrenchin since I was about 8 when my Dad got a 69 Barracuda Fastback, ( Only cause him and the minister got drunk and rolled the 66 Fury II,)...Thats when I learned how to change Oil and Plugs,...That was also my first car, ( It rusted away before I got my license), Got my license in a 77 Plymouth Arrow,...Drove a 73 Space Duster and a 72 Road Runner all through high schoool,...Had about a hundred cars so far, give or take a dozen, mostly Mopars,....I remember seein all the cool cars in the high school parking lot,...Hell you could buy a used GT Dart or an SS Nova at a lot for 1500 bucks,...had a kid with a blown 440 Challenger, cops would flick him **** constantly for havin "that thing" stickin outa his hood,...and everyone had either a 383 or a 440 Magnum, 0r a 396,...My shop teacher had an Anglia??? (I think) with 454 in It...a gallon of Sunoco 94 and a pack of Marlboro's each cost .75 cents,...1980,... those were the days....

I'm 45 my self. My first car was a 78 Fury with a 318 and a screaming 1 barrel! That car (nicknamed The Beast) would get up and boogie....0 - 60 in about a week! It was a pea green 4 door....yuck....but I did love that car.

Now I am passing the love of MOPAR onto my 17 year old son. He gets a much cooler car in the 73 Duster we are building together....and after a year...are almost done with!!!

will be 54 in june, I like them all, it doesn't matter to me what brand there is something I like. I work for Ford now, but still LOVE my MOPARS and have 5 of them right now.

Dad worked for Chrysler (electrical plant in Indy) but growing up he drove whatever he could afford since there were 4 little mouths to feed. 1961 he bought a new Ford station wagon (he said it was a POS) then in 64 bought a new 1964 Polara 2 door hardtop, (what a car for 6 people to take to Grandmas 240 miles away) 318 poly push button auto bench seat with fold down armrest. I was the youngest and smallest so I got to seat up front with mom & dad and usually on top of the arm rest or would lay on the package tray

1972 my brother got his MUSCLE CAR a 1969 383 Dart GTS, I LOVED THAT CAR. Time for my 1st car in 74 and Tony said he would sell me the Dart, dad said no "You'll get KILLED in that thing" Then he said I would drive a MOPAR since he could get parts for it at work.

At that time both sisters had 67 Barracuda's oldest a 67 fastback Formula S other sis had a 67 Barracuda slant 6, auto, ac, ps, deluxe interior so when dad seen a 67 Barracuda on the board at work for sale we went and looked at it. I was still 15 had $400 from paper route & mowing grass. It had been thru a fence had 4 bald tires and the seat seams were ripping out, but the car was MINE. Had the aluminum slots already for it, took it to my uncles body shop to get the damage fixed and paint it something other than the light blue that it was.

Had it for about 1 1/2 years then traded for a 69 Roadrunner after having to convince mom that I was getting a great deal so she could convince dad he should let me do this. Dad would buy and sell cars, so was just following in his footsteps, at least that is what I told him. I have had over 100 cars & trucks over the years and most of them Chrysler products.

I have some cars I would like to own on my bucket list that are not chrsyler products, but I will aways love my Mopars

View attachment N75Cuda.jpg
my 1st

View attachment 69RR2.jpg
my 1st trade

View attachment 77TTopAspen.jpg
my 1st new car

View attachment LowparkImp.jpg
my current chrysler

View attachment rearquarterview.jpg
my current A body

View attachment ScreamLAM.jpg
my current Plymouth

Im 23 first mopar i got when i was 16 was a 71 charger. My next was when i was 18 72 duster and 70 duster. Then at 21 i got my 67 cuda then just last year i picked up my 71 scamp. Grew up in a mopar family. Uncle had 383 roadrunner gpop had 70 satellite(plum crazy) always loved them from a kid always thought they were unique among all the other cars out there. Anyone an have a chevy or ford but it takes something special to be a mopar maniac!

I had a 74 Dart Sport 360 , in 1979 , wish i had it back , it would just eat this 340 Dart Sport i have now , i sold the 74 to buy this 70 Charger R/T S/E 440 Auto, then sold the Charger , and bought this 78 Lil Red Express Truck.

Attachments

• P7240012.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 338
  • Rickey Car (800x538) (640x430).jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 328
44 years old here. I grew up around Mopars, my cousin had a '72 Charger SE, his brother had a '69 Fury, uncle had a 75 Cordoba, my father had a 77 Royal Monaco that I learned to drive on. My first Mopar was a '68 GTX I picked up for $1100.

-
Back