Average age of Mopar Maniacs.

How old / young are you?

• Total voters
-

gdrill

I AM
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
As I read through the forum, I notice a lot of the information is coming from "past experience". By this I mean it seems that there are many members here who actually were able to drive when these cars were new. I wasn't, I came a few years too late for that. :disgust: At the same time I see there are lots of "young guns" who are getting into or were raised on Mopars. I thought it would be interesting to see how the board is spread out in ages. So I figured I would see if I could make a poll. I was too slow on the first attempt, but got it this time. :D I'll start, I'm 46, by date of birth!

Mopar has been my 1st, one in the middle, and my current. My first car was a '65 Satellite, powder blue with a poly318. A '74 Dart Swinger. I had a '63 valiant (360, 727, 8-3/4) for years. And now a rough '67 Valiant. Went on Chevy binges in between, but I'm back.

wow 41-50 the biggest segment yeah i guess i fit right in.

My first was a 66 Dart GT. 318 & 727. all Drum brakes but stopped on a dime. Had a Cuda 340 with 6 pack and 1 with a 360. Now I finally actually appreciate my Mopar because it was so hard to afford this time around. Oh and I'm in the 41-50 crowd.

My first car at 16 was a 440 66 two door fury sedan ex cop car with KH disk brakes 727, 3.23 sure grip that I bought myself for $400 bucks and I've been in love ever since
I'll be forty this year
Aaron

My first was a Satellite that my parents let me drive. I had a few daily drivers over the years, but my Dart is my first Mopar muscle.

70 340 Swinger 4spd 3.91 gears,bucket seats.bought it in 1974 I was 17 years old. paid 400.00 bucks. was a lot of money back then for a high school kid working part time at a gas station/repair garage. bought it from a friend who was told the engine was blown. turned out the carb flooded over and hydro locked the cylinders. I put a new holley on it changed the plugs and was the baddest car in My town. only time I can remember losing a race was My friends 71 340 Duster/auto trans. all my other friends had camaros and stangs they just couldn't touch me. brings back a lot of good memories. at 54 y.o. me and my wife,we started dating in 76 and been together since then and loved the car decided to buy and restore one. wish I was able to find one like I had FF4 green. oh well I have one that's burnt orange it's a nice color.

I'll add another tick for the young guns (21-30). I'm 23 now and I've been driving mopars since I had my license (and maybe a little before).

My first car was a 1974 Plymouth Valiant 4-door with a 318 that I added a Crane Cam, Intake manifold from a 360 Cop Motor, a 600CFM Edelbrock carb, and a 3" single exhaust with a flowmaster muffler. I'll never forget that car.

im 25 now and i have never owned anything but Mopar....my newest car ever was a 74 duster......i dont have the 74 anymore but even now the newest one i have is a 73 duster

I am 47 and my first car was a 72 Charger 440 Magnum , bought it in 79 and fixed it up then crashed it 1 month after getting my license in 1981 ( 16 and brilliant ) . My second car was a 67 Coronet 440 which I owned and restored but foolishly sold in 1989 ( rolled truck and needed money ) . Been hooked on Mopar since

My very first car of my own was at the age of 15, 383 4bl bucket set monster Monaco
Thank you uncle loyd, USAF base car, R.I.P unc..I can still see the base sticker on the windshield etched in my mind

I remember the first car I drove was my Gramma's New Yorker. Can't remember what year it was but it had a 400. My mom had a 78 Tradesman van with a 318. But unfortunately I was into another brand till the age of 27 when I bought a 75 Power Wagon. Now I am 45, I still have the Power Wagon, 04 Ram, 01 Caravan, 71 Swinger. My 24 yo son has a 09 Challenger R/T. My 18 yo (black sheep) daughter has a cheap 02 caviler until she can save her money to become a Mopar gril. But her boyfriend has an 04 Ram Big Horn.

"ORDERED" a new 71 340 Demon when I was a senior in high school and I have one just like it today with a few mods and I'm using the same license plates now that was on my Demon in 71

Another 41-50, I'm 43 and I was raised in Chryslers. My first was a 70 Charger, then 68 GTX(sold in 95), 85 Horizon, 89 Ram D100(sold in 08 ), 56 Coronet(sold in 2010), 98 Ram SS/T, 98 Neon, 62 Newport, and my 68 Barracuda. Mom had two Chrysler wagons, and she told me I was brought home from the hospital in my Grandmas Dart.

I'm 54 yrs old. Had many cars over the yrs, Fords, chevys & Mopars in between. Had 73
Charger SE & 73 Challenger mixed in between them all. The Mopars are still among my favorites. Now I have the 97 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 & my beloved 66 cuda. Still have a
pair of 65 Fairlanes.

My 1st car is my '67 Barracuda that I bought when I was 16. Had it 31 years now. It's been through different phases in its life & now sits in my garage waiting for more time, money & enthusiasm hoping to be finished. Had a few 5.0 Mustangs in there, a couple of Chevys. 2 Harleys & then I bought a "71 Swinger w/ a 318, Now working on a '67 Dart GT that needs total restoration. Always liked A bodies & most Mopars. Talked my then hard core chevy loving brother into buying a '67 Dart 270 back in '84 that he did into a '68 S/S tribute racecar & still owns today. I like anything that goes fast & looks good. But I love my Abody cars!

I am in the 41-50 demographic as well. First car was a 71 Challenger when I was a Junior in H.S. Got a 73 Duster about 3-4 months later so that I could park the Challenger and "work on it."

Thanks, the bar graph confirms I'm over the hill lol. I became a Mopar Maniac at age 6when my Dad bought my Mom and new '66 Valiant 200.

Over the hill too. I'll be 57 in a couple months. I started driving a 65 Dart 270
with a HP273 and a 3 on the tree. (It was one of very few built but didn't know at the time) I had a 69 Roadrunner, 69 Bee, 2) 69 Coronets. 2) 73 Challengers,
a 66 Newport, a 67 Coronet, my present 66 Dart and 2000 Dakota. I too bounced to GM and back in the 90's. Dang, hard to believe I'll be 60 in a few short years. LOL tmm

Will be 65 in July.....yep, I grew up when these cars were new.

I would like to go back to those days. Great fun for sure.

-
Back