axle brace

-
S

scampmehard

I was wondering if i should bring it closer to the pumpkin and extend it out to the end of the axle more.

Attachments

• 287.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 263
  • 288.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 242
  • 289.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 232
  • 290.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 235
Holy s!@# dude! I wouldnt worry about housing flex......1 iota

LOL i know i know but i just wanted to do it anyways and i started it but i think i got a lil to much in it i think ill cut it down a lil bring it in more closer to the pumpkin and not be 2 1/2 inches out.

Theres alot of un-needed weight there. The farther the brace goes out, the better it is. I would definitely extend it farther. You will need to have the housing ends cut off, and re-welded in the correct place. Welding on the back of the axle tubes causes the tubes to pull back, making the housing end and third member centers non-concentric. This causes bearing issues down the road. Even if welded while in a fixture, I guarantee you it pulled back towards the brace.

Theres alot of un-needed weight there. The farther the brace goes out, the better it is. I would definitely extend it farther. You will need to have the housing ends cut off, and re-welded in the correct place. Welding on the back of the axle tubes causes the tubes to pull back, making the housing end and third member centers non-concentric. This causes bearing issues down the road. Even if welded while in a fixture, I guarantee you it pulled back towards the brace.

even with a 110 you think it got that hot to distort it that much.

Absolutely...no doubt about it. Heat is heat, and metal moves alot more than people think even with a small amount of heat input. I TIG weld them, and even welding in small 1" increments with the heat control of a TIG welder, it still pulls the tube. Put a jig through it, and re-align the housing ends.

-
Back