Axle Flip.

-

funnycar farmer

Reaction score
Some here are thinking of doing a 'gasser style' look to their car. Here is a side view of the rear axle on my Dart, truck style. Meaning, the perches are now on top of the axle as opposed to being located in their stock location on the underside. The springs are Super Stocks, and I've put 150 pounds of ballast to simulate a full load of gas and such. It sure puts it up in the sky!

http://public.fotki.com/teddisnoke/bmw-2002/116.html
Dale

Wow, I am not sure, how it handles on a twisty road;
but, I would be real careful going around corners. ;)

Looks Far Out Man. :happy10:

116-vi.jpg

I live in Southen California. Hopefully, the car will be running within the next three weeks in order to get it out to shake it down. Then its time to use it for what it was built for- match races. There are several other gasser/altered wheelbase cars that are based around where I live, and there is talk of us all showing up at Irwindale on a given night, to have a bit of 'madness'.

Dale

wow thats just awesome. gassers are definately my favorite type of hot rod. and the style looks good on just about anything made before '65/'66. Please oh please post some videos of this car when its up and running!! Sure would be cool to see some vids of the match races!!

-tim

Take some more photos to post here!!! :)

Looks Awesome, drive careful.

114-vi.jpg

I live in Southen California. Hopefully, the car will be running within the next three weeks in order to get it out to shake it down. Then its time to use it for what it was built for- match races. There are several other gasser/altered wheelbase cars that are based around where I live, and there is talk of us all showing up at Irwindale on a given night, to have a bit of 'madness'.

Dale

The car is looking great. That would be cool if you could get some other gassers together and go to the track. Last year at Mopar day at Milan Dragstrip we had about 5 gassers and they were really cool to watch. Jysnflem

milan1.jpg

I'll get some more up in the next few days. Every afternoon, it creeps forward. I got all the front trim installed, so now it actually looks like a car.Been waiting on Laysons for some much needed rear window rubber. Dave, if you read this, PLEASE send it down quickly!!!???? Knowing that it has to be NHRA legal always seems to make the easy stuff hard. I know there will be something they won't like, but I'm trying to outguess them, and make stuff solid and bulletproof. Its hard, but totally fullfilling.

-
Back